Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

passport middle name different spelling to birth certificate

Options
  • 06-08-2016 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Please move this if its in the wrong forum!
    Daughter rang in panic from Canada this morning - please excuse me and bare with me as I may have some of the terminology wrong - but here is what I know - she's been in Canada on her two year permit - went about extending and was successful to a point in so far as she qualified via employment etc etc got letter back from nominee programme to upload docs - all great until last night - she got an e mail back saying her name on passport doesn't match name on birth certificate - it's her middle name - it's same name just spelled different eg Abbey/Abbie !
    Also they ( visa admin) have spelled it wrong - a third way which in fairness looks like a totally different name !
    I'm s bit baffled how it's only being picked up on now considering how stringent initial application was - then again we didn't notice either !
    So feeling really guilty and negligent .
    Is there anything we can do?
    They have not refused her just asking for proof of change of name.
    Should she / can she just apply for a replacement passport with correct spelling as on birth certificate ?
    Time isn't on her side .
    Thank you and any advice would be appreciated .

Advertisement