Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Celeron G1610 Lga1155

Options
  • 06-08-2016 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭

Unusual discovery in what was supposed to be a pallet full of Dell Optiplex's 3rd gen i3's (I made sure they refunded me for the listing error). Celerons are pretty much unsalable these days (tbh it's hard enough to sell any desktop these days).

Replaced it anyway with a 2nd generation i7 so I have some chance to sell it on.

I can't see myself using this so instead of throwing it in the drawer like many other Celerons in the past, I've decided to just give it away to someone who will use it. Might suit those on a cheap budget etc

First to ask gets it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Nice of you to give it away. Still a pretty solid chip for casual desktop use and pretty fast, would even be pretty good for older or less intensive games like Warcraft, Minecraft, Counterstrike, Black Ops 2, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

may I have it please? in Limerick too

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

I'm guessing it's gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I didn't have need of it at the time, but could do with it now :( Dang!

Seems I will have to look about for a cheap 1155 CPU to do some motherboard testing with.

Advertisement