Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inglot coming to Waterford

Options
  • 05-08-2016 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

So Inglot is coming to Waterford!! Now the question is, where is it going to go? And what local make up artists are going to work there? I'm always quite cynical but I really do hope they pick approachable girls (or boys) who won't get an inflated ego too quickly, Waterford is too small a place for that and it could turn away business. I think it's going to be great, obviously a lot of demand for it judging by the comments on social media!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Whats Inglot?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭silverbella

It's a popular make up brand with the young un's only available in Cork and Dublin and now they're opening in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Whats Inglot?

Philistine!

It's them powders and paints what are in demand by dem perfect lot of young-uns with money ta burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

It's a popular make up brand with the young un's only available in Cork and Dublin and now they're opening in Waterford.

Not true...am nearly 30 and I love Inglot :)

Usually, they'll only pick the best of the best make up artists. And even at that, Inglot themselves do further training with them.

Ah I'm late 20's myself and I love it too, surely we're still young un's??lol
    Yeah I'm really just hoping they're not stuck up types to be honest :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Old Toymaster building down by McDonalds I heard they're going in

Oh too right we are ;)

Yea I know what you mean with regards to the stuck up types. But tbh, I've rarely come across people like that at make up counters and in stores etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Ah ok i genuinely had no idea what it was,so they just sell makeup then is it?

This popped up on my facebook then this morning it might be of interest to some

13876141_1191489270918370_3624297522832544681_n.jpg?oh=bcb064035297b7f4384697e1b2245ea9&oe=585AED7B

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭goochy

Are things improving in the city at all with regards to empty shop units and that ? I pass through city alot on way to kildare from upuhhsl - not toll road! - and have always liked Waterford but stopped in city one Sunday a while back and it was very dead and many empty units .

cococoady wrote: »
    Old Toymaster building down by McDonalds I heard they're going in

I thought that unit was where Starbucks is going? I'm thinking the unit in city square across from the sky stand, used to be an old next...all speculation though!

Had a look at the Waterford Inglot Facebook page there and saw they're hiring mooseknuckle, also saw a post from a lad on the page with a full 'cv' got a little giggle!

• Advertisement

goochy wrote: »
    Are things improving in the city at all with regards to empty shop units and that ? I pass through city alot on way to kildare from upuhhsl - not toll road! - and have always liked Waterford but stopped in city one Sunday a while back and it was very dead and many empty units .

To be honest, sometimes it seems like things are picking up and then seems to wind down again! 2 closures recently enough with peacocks and toymaster but elverys have upgraded and Starbucks and Inglot coming might breathe a little life into the centre! Hopefully anyway, the city centre has a lot of potential, it would be sad to waste it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Ing What?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

If its a make up shop, maybe it's going into debenhams with all the other make up brands?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Things are really bad IMO when a make-up shop opening somewhere is cause for 'celebration'.

What/where is upuhhsl ?

Things are really bad IMO when a make-up shop opening somewhere is cause for 'celebration'.

I'm delighted at the jobs being created but I think the purpose of this post is that the OP is happy that a big name make up brand is coming to our doorstep. If you use brands like this, they can usually only be gotten by travelling a good bit out of town. Which in turn, will probably lead you to doing other shopping out of town.

So getting a big brand like this (be it a concession or a stand alone shop) in town, is a good thing.

What/where is upuhhsl ?

No, things are improving, slowly but some live to wallow in their misery.Good news, no one is overreacting , except maybe yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

What/where is upuhhsl ?

So what would you class as improving? Retail openings is considered a positive economic indicator by economists. If a company deciding to open a premises in the city is not a sign of an improving local economy I don’t know what is.

What/where is upuhhsl ?
    It may not seem like much to someone who doesn't like make up. This is a respected and somewhat affordable brand who, as said before, only have stores in Cork and Dublin at the moment. I have no doubt that people will make the trip from surrounding areas to purchase from here as well as improve things in the city for us. Looking at the posts on Facebook there is going to be a huge demand and hopefully there is a knock on effect for other stores from this. I've personnel made the trip to Cork twice for this brand and have in turn picked up a good amount from other stores whilst there. If we can get in on that kind of action why isn't there cause for celebration?

It may not seem like much to someone who doesn't like make up. This is a respected and somewhat affordable brand who, as said before, only have stores in Cork and Dublin at the moment. I have no doubt that people will make the trip from surrounding areas to purchase from here as well as improve things in the city for us. Looking at the posts on Facebook there is going to be a huge demand and hopefully there is a knock on effect for other stores from this. I've personnel made the trip to Cork twice for this brand and have in turn picked up a good amount from other stores whilst there. If we can get in on that kind of action why isn't there cause for celebration?

I think we all recognise that some on here are just doom mongers who live/love to complain and be negative even when something positive is being discussed.spreading their misery is about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Makeup is a huge global industry. Why do you think you see so many ads with celebrities being paid millions to promote it?

I'd never heard of Inglot myself, being a 40-something male, but by all accounts this is a well respected and sought-after brand. How would you feel if they set up in Kilkenny or Newbridge, and not in Waterford for example?

The fact that they've chosen here over those places (at least for now) seems to me to be very positive news. Even if a small number of people travel here for it every week, that will have a knock-on effect on sales in other outlets, coffee shops, restaurants, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Was that the Toymaster in the Main st in waterford that closed?
    That's a shame as it was a lovely shop but way too expensive, prices were not competitive with Ken Blacks/Smyth's. Was in it once for a browze but bought nothing. Seemed like it hadn't opened long.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mart 23

Inglot also have shops in Dundalk, Galway and Limerick

Ahh, so there is! Apologies, that's my mistake. I was only aware of the Dublin and cork stores. Still a great draw for the south east, apparently Wexford and Kilkenny were also in the running for the store so I do think it will bring people regardless of other stores which are further away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

To be honest, sometimes it seems like things are picking up and then seems to wind down again! 2 closures recently enough with peacocks and toymaster but elverys have upgraded and Starbucks and Inglot coming might breathe a little life into the centre! Hopefully anyway, the city centre has a lot of potential, it would be sad to waste it!

Skechers is also opening in Waterford in the Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭iseegirls

ongarboy wrote: »
    Skechers is also opening in Waterford in the Autumn.

Great news - any idea where abouts?

Advertisement