Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Build and it needs your help!

Options
  • 05-08-2016 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hopefully this will be the final time I will be doing this... I have a build im looking to buy but I need your help with two things! I need to know if 1. All these parts are compatible with each other and 2.I need help choosing a case. Im looking for a case that will obviously fit all of these parts in it, have a side window and also have a red colour scheme. It cant be too expensive tho thats the only issue. I was looking at this case :CiT Vanquish Gaming Toolless Case with USB3 Port, Side Window, Card Reader and 2 x 12CM Red Led Fans on amazon but Im not sure if my parts will fit... any help?

Here is the build:
    Graphics Card: 2048MB MSI GeForce GTX 950 Gaming 2G Aktiv
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Series rot DDR3
    Hard Drive: 1000GB WD Blue WD10JPVX 8MB 2.5" (6.4cm)
    CPU Cooler: Xilence M403 Tower Kühler
    Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro Gamer Gaming MB Intel Z97
    CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 4x 3.40GHz So.1150 BOX

Need help choosing a PSU Also... im using mindfactory to purchase all this so there would be preferable.

Any tips or changes are appreciated but just incase you couldnt tell im going for a red and black themed build and it will be used for gaming and also animation/photo editing! I need her to last.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Fill out the template. You'll get much better help there. Build looks to have a lot of last gen products, any reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭zxxtonyxxz

RossieMan wrote: »
    Fill out the template. You'll get much better help there. Build looks to have a lot of last gen products, any reason for this?

I did make this a while ago and put off the whole PC scene for a while... I'm also trying to keep the price between 700/800 euro so that's another reason .

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

2.5inch hard drives are for laptops. The equivalent 3.5inch desktop drive will most likely be cheaper so you can save some money there. Also, a solid state drive will give you a performance boost.

Why the Xeon processor? Overkill for most consumers but I'll wait for you to use the template before we can make a recommendation based on your needs.

choons wrote: »
    2.5inch hard drives are for laptops. The equivalent 3.5inch desktop drive will most likely be cheaper so you can save some money there. Also, a solid state drive will give you a performance boost.

Why the Xeon processor? Overkill for most consumers but I'll wait for you to use the template before we can make a recommendation based on your needs.

Could you point me towards this template and I'll get right on it!

zxxtonyxxz wrote: »
    Could you point me towards this template and I'll get right on it!

Please Ignore this thread I created a better one with template! Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement