Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Final Kerry V. Mayo?

Options
  • 05-08-2016 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Who do you think will win tomorrow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

The bookies have Kerry as favourites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

A Mayo team in Croke Park.?

I'll say Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭gigantic09

A Mayo team in Croke Park.?

I'll say Kerry

Ya good point,we never win in croke park.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Delighted that a club man of mine is playing midfield in this despite having only been called up to the panel two or three weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

keane2097 wrote:
    Delighted that a club man of mine is playing midfield in this despite having only been called up to the panel two or three weeks ago.

Apparently he's ****ing flying it. Delighted for him. Great to see lads who are performing getting the nod.

• Advertisement

Hasn't always been the most well regarded player within the club as you'd probably guess from his eligibility for the juniors but has been really good this year. Nice to see a guy develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Blackjack

keane2097 wrote: »
    Hasn't always been the most well regarded player within the club as you'd probably guess from his eligibility for the juniors but has been really good this year. Nice to see a guy develop.

Who was the Kerry no. 9?. Outstanding player. Cleaned out our midfield on his own for the most of the second half I thought.

Blackjack wrote: »
    Who was the Kerry no. 9?. Outstanding player. Cleaned out our midfield on his own for the most of the second half I thought.

The midfield was Adrian Spillane and John C O'Connor. Not sure which was which but from reports Spillane was great.

DDC might confirm I'm sure he was at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

keane2097 wrote: »
    The midfield was Adrian Spillane and John C O'Connor. Not sure which was which but from reports Spillane was great.

DDC might confirm I'm sure he was at it.

Yeah it was Spillane... Blonde haired lad? Outstanding.You guys were well worth your winning margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Blackjack

seligehgit wrote: »
    Yeah it was Spillane... Blonde haired lad? Outstanding.You guys were well worth your winning margin.

He was blonde haired alright.
    On our side there were a few I thought did OK, but the damage was done by the time I got there. I arrived at half time for the junior game and at that point i think it was a case of trying to put a gloss on the scoreline.

Sharoize Akram has always impressed me since minors and he was very good the last day too. He is a bit on the small side but I reckon he'll be on the senior panel before long. I think he has another year at the under 21, or is that under 20 now?. Regardless, he's a fine player, tenacious and skilful. Reminds me a bit of Lee Keegan for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Blackjack wrote: »
    He was blonde haired alright.
    On our side there were a few I thought did OK, but the damage was done by the time I got there. I arrived at half time for the junior game and at that point i think it was a case of trying to put a gloss on the scoreline.

Sharoize Akram has always impressed me since minors and he was very good the last day too. He is a bit on the small side but I reckon he'll be on the senior panel before long. I think he has another year at the under 21, or is that under 20 now?. Regardless, he's a fine player, tenacious and skilful. Reminds me a bit of Lee Keegan for some reason.

Yes he did quite well when he came on in a game that was by that stage lost.It is under 20s presumably from next year forward.If he turns out to be half the player Leroy is,we will be on a winner.Matthew Flanagan was excellent between the sticks,I'm in little doubt our next senior goalkeeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Are you sure about it being 8 and not 9

9 Was J.C O'Connor - long blonde locks.

8 Was Adrian Spillane - Shorter dark hair.

O'Connor did Ok, a few nice catches but Spillane dominated. Must have fielded 5 clean balls. Hit everything that moved.

Our Full Back Foley and Centre Half Back Barry played brilliantly as well.

Mayo couldn't seem to get into the game. Kerry seemed hungrier, and dominated the breaks.

Mayo Goalkeeper was brilliant. Must have made 4 or 5 great saves. Kept the score respectable when it could have got out of hand.

Cohen had a decent game, much better than in the Intermediate Club Final where the St. Mary's Full Back kept him very quiet.

Akram buzzed around alright. Looked lively, without being massively threatening, scoring wise.

Let them praise the strand road man if they want to you bollocks :pac:

Saw this on the Kerry forum and thought it was pretty cool
    Kerry won the junior in 1954 with a team that contained among others Tom Spillane and John "Walla" O'Connor- their grandsons were the midfield pairing on Sat last!

Advertisement