Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats covered in a warranty

Options
  • 05-08-2016 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi.
    I purchased a volvo v50 2007 1.6d 130000miles from a simi garage around end of june. Only noticed mid july when i made a few long trips that after driving for over 40 mins the power from cthe engine would drop off. Normally at 120kmph there was no problem going a little faster. Then when going uphill the speed would drop to 90-100kmph. When i droped to 4th gear it would just not go any faster. When i disengaged the clutch the engine would not rev above 2900revs. This usually would only last for 3-4 mins then back to normal. Dont think its the dpf as there is no warning on the ems. Usually if theres a problem with a blocked dpf it will give you a warning and restrict you to 2000 revs along with a load of warnings.

Anyway when i bought it the garage, he gave me a 3 month warranty. He said the engine and the transmission are covered by that. I brought it back to him and he has said its not the dpf. He is going to look in the exhaust system.

My question is; if its a dpf or exhaust problem, should he be charging me? Dont know how long hes spent on it. We havent talked money yet. Any advice is appreciated

Advertisement