Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions on heavily modded gaming pc build

Options
  • 05-08-2016 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So i want to build a gaming pc that would be able to play games like Skyrim remastered on ultra settings and heavily modded and won't need to be upgraded too soon, my budget is 1500 euro. Any suggestions on a build?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

Can you fill that out please?

What do you mean by heavily modded? The hardware or you want to play modded games

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kingkiwi247

1. 1500 but can go over it if i need to
    2. Gaming, games like skyrim remastered, dark souls 3, battlefield, call of duty, star citizen, no man's sky and any game like these
    3. Yes
    4. No
    5. Yes but do not want to include them in the pricing
    6. Yes but do not want to include them in the pricing
    7. No
    8. Credit card
    9. In the next week
    10. Wexford

By heavily modded i mean playing heavily modded games

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor (€204.64 @ Mindfactory)
    CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer i32 CPU Cooler (€25.64 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€122.29 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: GeIL SUPER LUCE 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€78.59 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€146.94 @ Mindfactory)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card (€470.86 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case (€55.84 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€144.11 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €1248.91
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-05 16:54 CEST+0200

+ Windows 10 Home (buy from Microsoft Store direct) - €135

Add another hard drive or 2 if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Did you mean to stick a 6600K in there instead of the 6500?

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Did you mean to stick a 6600K in there instead of the 6500?

No.

IMHO the budget is better spent on a good GPU (i.e. GTX 1070) than a higher-clocked CPU, especially when overclocking isn't factored in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

I think if you're not getting a 6600K, a Z170 is pointless. The MSI B150 is only €90, which saves you €30.
    Get the PSU from somewhere else, €144 is NOT worth it when Amazon.co.uk has it for €100. K.O Kiki's build is solid, but there are places here and there to save you money for a nice 1440p screen. I know it's not meant to be lart of the budget, but money saved is money to be used elsewhere!

Eoinmc97 wrote: »
    I think if you're not getting a 6600K, a Z170 is pointless. The MSI B150 is only €90, which saves you €30.
    Get the PSU from somewhere else, €144 is NOT worth it when Amazon.co.uk has it for €100. K.O Kiki's build is solid, but there are places here and there to save you money for a nice 1440p screen. I know it's not meant to be lart of the budget, but money saved is money to be used elsewhere!

WTF I didn't even realise the PSU had shot up in price again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kingkiwi247

Wow! Thanks for all the help, i know i said not to included the monitor, mouse, keyboard etc into the pricing but could one of you be able add them in please.

Also, i know this is a stupid question but i'm completely new to this stuff, could someone tell what a card reader and a wireless car reader is, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭IRAC War

Card readers are for reading SD Cards (from cameras/phones) and alike.

Wireless card is for connecting to Wifi.

Advertisement