Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light cotton nightwear

Options
  • 05-08-2016 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Its too hot at night and whatever I do wear or don't wear I'm sticking to the bed. Last night I wore a sort of cotton smock that is an undershirt to a top I have and it was perfect. So I am looking for pure light cotton, not stiff cotton but more the sort used for a beach wrap, almost paper thin. And not a granny neck to ankle wonder from Guineys but something pretty...any suggestions, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I love white cotton nightgowns with lace trim, very Victorian, also very light and comfortable.

I've bought them in the past from Florence lingerie in Dun Laoghaire (they have a facebook page I think) and also Contour in Stillorgan. And Past Times.

I've also made my own, using pure cotton, not polyester or polyester mix!! or you could even use fine muslin as the OP suggests.
    Its basically just a loose tube from breast to knee, with shoulder straps. Nothing tight and no synthetic fabric or knits. Trim as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Thanks, Ill look them up.

Advertisement