Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge 186: TREES

Options
  • 05-08-2016 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

The theme for this challenge is Trees .

That means that the main subject in the photo should be a single tree, or a group of trees.

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Part of the reason why I came up with this challenge was because I realised that I don't have any such pictures, so I won't be able to give you examples from my library, but:[/font]

15322431668_24e1ecec98_n.jpgTree by Robert Powroznik, on Flickr

6580934943_a27f838285_n.jpgTree by Sam Cox, on Flickr

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RULES:[/font]

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The closing date is 2 weeks from now, Friday, 19th of August at 8pm.[/font]
    • Only photos taken with this challenge in mind qualify. Therefore, the photo must be taken between now and the 19th of August.
    • The photo must be taken by the person submitting it.
    • Only one photo per post, but submit as many posts as you like.
    • Be creative - try to come up with an interesting angle
    • The next task/subject is to be chosen by the person who has the most thanks after their post at the closing date/time.

[font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Have fun!!![/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Had a walk around the perimeter of Belfield Campus today - for the first time in decades!!
    Impressed that in spite of all the necessary infrastructure they have built in the interim that they have tried to maintain a good balance with nature/wildlife.

28748161921_38384e0006_b.jpgbelfield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭salamanca

oQ2uJsq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Again from Belfield Campus
    200 year old beech tree

28727108292_b43566d3ea_c.jpgbeech tree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

DSC00808_zpsckd68cgk.jpg

a08471ab54bc186d1d6352657c79a345

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Mindset

Trees in Albert College Park, glasnevin

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

Not sure what we do here. Ezra_ has the most thanks but I can't seem to be able to load his photo.
    Next in line is duckmusic

• Advertisement

Hi Virtual- just to agree with you that Ezra is indeed the winner with this photo:

ezra_ wrote: »

a08471ab54bc186d1d6352657c79a345

So as is usual the honour falls to Ezra to set the next challenge!

Thanks guys! Fun challenge.

I'll post up the next challenge later today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I was in Clifden at the weekend and brought my camera to take a pic of the trees on the way down (Don't know the townland name but this particular bunch of trees are photographed from all over the world). Only had time to stop on the way back yesterday in the worst weather we've had in ages, low cloud etc. Ruined any chance of a decent pic. Too late for this challenge as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I've had the opposite problem: too much blazing sunshine burning any character out of the landscape. And on the few occasions where I was in the right place at the right time of evening, I was driving roads that wouldn't tolerate stopping for long enough to get a decent shot (and that was with the camera almost always within reach, specifically to get a shot for this challenge. :( )

Advertisement