Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Year Tips & Advice?

Options
  • 05-08-2016 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

{First Boards.ie post!}

I'm starting 5th year this September (2016) and I would like to hear any tips/advice anyone has! I'm doing Irish (OL), maths (OL), English (HL), German (HL), Japanese (HL), History (HL), Economics (HL) and Home Ec (HL).

1. How can I get back into a good routine of working after transition year?
    2. How long should I study each night in order to make 6th years slightly less stressful?
    3. How can I stay on top of my work?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 NiamhMcH

Anyone? :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Don't miss days.
    • Stay away from 'characters' in your classes.
    • Do your homework as well as you can.
    • Don't leave a classroom not having understood something.
    • You could read one of your English texts before going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭LC2016

Do after school study if it's offered in your school.

spurious wrote: »
    • Don't miss days.
    • Stay away from 'characters' in your classes.
    • Do your homework as well as you can.
    • Don't leave a classroom not having understood something.
    • You could read one of your English texts before going back.

Great tips! Thanks! :)

LC2016 wrote: »
    Do after school study if it's offered in your school.

After school study would be a great help! I think this year is the first time it'll be offered to 5th years. Would doing it 2 days a week be a good idea or should I do more?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The main thing is balance. Make sure to keep an evening for swimming/walking/meeting friends/going to the pictures. Normal teenager things.

The Leaving is important, but not to the detriment of your health, mental physical and emotional. Listen to what your body is telling you if it starts to get too much.

Advertisement