Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resolved.

Options
  • 04-08-2016 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

got a new rig there.

Sound works fine until I install realtek drivers. I have tried 2 different realtek drivers AND used a third party program like driverbooster to use their install.

In all cases the sound does not work once I install the drivers. I have a youtube vid on, you can see the green bar in the volume part is registering. Everything is plugged in.

Im aware I can uninstall the driver and get sound, and I can also use my monitor for sound. I would like to solve the problem though, and Id imagine my team speak quality would suffer without the right drivers.

Any thoughts or advice? Any info ye need just ask, but Im not super savvy so be gentle :D

thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

-Vega- wrote: »
    Hi guys,

got a new rig there.

Sound works fine until I install realtek drivers. I have tried 2 different realtek drivers AND used a third party program like driverbooster to use their install.

In all cases the sound does not work once I install the drivers. I have a youtube vid on, you can see the green bar in the volume part is registering. Everything is plugged in.

Im aware I can uninstall the driver and get sound, and I can also use my monitor for sound. I would like to solve the problem though, and Id imagine my team speak quality would suffer without the right drivers.

Any thoughts or advice? Any info ye need just ask, but Im not super savvy so be gentle :D

thank you!

Looks like you got something plugged into the front headphone jack on your pc tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Joshua J wrote: »
    Looks like you got something plugged into the front headphone jack on your pc tower.

Well I had the issue when they were plugged into the back, so I plugged them into the front jacks to see if it made a difference but no. Still the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Advertisement