Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vaio

Options
  • 04-08-2016 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any computer sites still selling the latest Sony laptops before they stopped making them last year? Any of the sites I checked they seem to be gone and only used ones on eBay. Anyone have any ideas where I could get my hands on a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,520 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Does anyone know of any computer sites still selling the latest Sony laptops before they stopped making them last year? Any of the sites I checked they seem to be gone and only used ones on eBay. Anyone have any ideas where I could get my hands on a new one?

Sony sold off the Viao brand to a japanese investment firm who stated that they would only be selling product in regions where the Viao brand was strong. So, essentially Japan.

And they're still at the same sh1te that ruined Sony, overpriced, underspecced.... €600 for a Celeron anyone... :rolleyes:

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/7/26/12283780/vaio-c15-specs-colors-price-japan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,156 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Sony sold off the Viao brand to a japanese investment firm who stated that they would only be selling product in regions where the Viao brand was strong. So, essentially Japan.

And they're still at the same sh1te that ruined Sony, overpriced, underspecced.... €600 for a Celeron anyone... :rolleyes:

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/7/26/12283780/vaio-c15-specs-colors-price-japan

I'm aware of the above. I'm just trying to find out is there anywhere still selling new in the box Viao's that were made by Sony, before they sold it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,520 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I'm aware of the above. I'm just trying to find out is there anywhere still selling new in the box Viao's that were made by Sony, before they sold it off?

No. anything that was available at the time (must be pushing on two years at this stage) was discounted and sold off

Advertisement