Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

D&D Detailing Cork

Options
  • 04-08-2016 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

I've seen this place recommended numerous times but have never been. I'm off two days next week so thinking of popping over and picking up some much needed supplies. Also looking at picking up a polisher possibly.

Do D&D actually have a store I can look around in? Not sure exactly what I'll be needing yet..

For those that have been there: Would it be possible for me to ask one of the lads in the shop to give me a run down on what I'm going to need? Obviously don't want to be distracting someone from working on a car..

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Sure would ye not pick up the phone and give them a bell, and ask! ;)

I'd imagine they should be fairly accomodating!

Minimum you'll need the machine, 3* Pads (heavy, medium, and fine cut), and 2 or 3 polishes...tell them the type of car you have, and they should be able to cater for the hardness of the paintwork specifically.

You'll also need to consider
    - smaller backing plate and pads for the more intricate areas; if on a budget, one plate and pad would be enough to enhance these areas, as there'll be nobody down inspecting them for swirls :p
    - the products required for the prep-work; de-tar, de-iron, clay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I cold called a few times to their premises before they moved to Commons Rd. They hadn't a separate "shop" but had the stuff on shelves in the corner of the workshop. They were more than helpful, taking time from the job to discuss options etc.

The one thing I found is that they didn't up sell anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Cheers lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

The move from Blackrock to the Old Mallow Rd resulted in a bigger space allowing them to have a seperate shop.

They are very easy to deal with and they have an offer on a DAS with 3 pads and 3 polishes varying from heavy cut to fine cut.

However when I was up to them last week they are sold out of the DAS 6 Pro + but they have other options available.

One thing I find with them is that they don't stock a wide range of products, they have their own brand 2D, 50 Cal and Kleen Freaks (for shampoo, quick detailers, waxes etc). Then they stock Menzerna polishes which are great.

Detailing shed have a wider range of products, which can be dangerous to the wallet. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Ya I use them regularly they will discuss options with you no bother and give ya advice. Sound lads and know their stuff. I have used a few of their own brand stuff too and no complaints it is very good. I use mix of both own branded and branded stuff.
    As said they have a shop now to look around in.

Detailing shed have a wider range of products, which can be dangerous to the wallet. :D

They seem to have extended it even further today!!
    20+ products across various ranges!....better give the wallet to the missus and ask her to keep an eye on it while you browse! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Ooh do tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

I've bought from them a few times, the lads are sound and have no problem giving advice.
    It's great to have a bricks and mortar shop in Cork to pick up a few products. Their range in the shop is about half the size of the detailing shed shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,512 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Curran wrote: »
    They seem to have extended it even further today!!
    20+ products across various ranges!....better give the wallet to the missus and ask her to keep an eye on it while you browse! :pac:

oooh.!
    Shinemate ex605..!!

Read good reports about those.
    One thing though. Do they accept smaller plates / pads?

I had a shinemate ep801 rotary and found it great,
    Often sorry I got rid of it. Head is doing the rounds now thinking of a decent DA again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Crowley chemicals sell a range of machine polishers, rupes, 3m to name a few they have all the accessorizes like polishes, pads ECT. I use them all the time.

http://crowley-group.com/chemicals/products.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I'll second Crowley chemicals! Nice bunch of guys! Found them very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I use Crowley's a lot too but if I were buying a polisher I'd go to D&D or Detailingshed as they just have a much wider range!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Cheers that's actually a lot closer to me than D&D.. Haven't had time to go shopping yet :)

Advertisement