Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name not on deeds of house?

Options
  • 04-08-2016 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Does anyone know why one name wouldn’t be listed on the deeds of a house in the case of a joint mortgage?

The names on the deeds are listed as “Joe Bloggs and anr”. I’ve spoken to the Registry of Deeds Service and they said that ‘anr’ is their abbreviation for ‘another’.

Does anyone know why the second name wouldn’t be listed and if there are any implications?

FYI, I am going to get legal advice on this but was hoping people here might have some pointers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

amayb wrote: »
    Does anyone know why one name wouldn’t be listed on the deeds of a house in the case of a joint mortgage?

The names on the deeds are listed as “Joe Bloggs and anr”. I’ve spoken to the Registry of Deeds Service and they said that ‘anr’ is their abbreviation for ‘another’.

Does anyone know why the second name wouldn’t be listed and if there are any implications?

FYI, I am going to get legal advice on this but was hoping people here might have some pointers.

The Registry of Deeds don't have a deed. They have a memorial of the deed. You need to see the original deed which is probably in the bank.

Advertisement