Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Avensis mirror indicator

Options
  • 04-08-2016 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi guys I have just noticed that that the indicator lights on my 2007 Avensis are not working. How do I replace the lights or should I get a second hand mirror any suggestions welcomed, My Son is doing his test in the car in two weeks and I am told he wont be allowed do it with this fault.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Most breakers will cringe at the thought of breaking the mirror for that indicator. Budget about €80 onwards for a decent 2nd hand mirror. Not too difficult to change either (3 nuts, plug is fiddly but a long screwdriver sees to that)

The plastic cover clips off so you don't have to worry about respraying. This also means they're a common stolen part!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

The indicator section can be bought separately from samora. Contact your local motor factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭Damien360

Mine did the same just before last NCT. It is an LED part and not cheap. The assembly is replaced and you just clip the cover back on.

And yes someone tried to steal it as fancy pigeon said. They tried to pull the mirror itself off and damaged the motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭tri50072

Thanks guys How acessable is the conectorI googled how to replace but it only shows corolla and that has to have door panel removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭Damien360

tri50072 wrote: »
    Thanks guys How acessable is the conectorI googled how to replace but it only shows corolla and that has to have door panel removed.

The clip on cover is the hardest part to get off. After that there are 3 phillips head screws underneath and then the connector was visible once you had the assembly in your hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Pry the card back carefully and you can reach it with a long screwdriver. The plug will be very stiff to remove initially, unless replaced before

Otherwise if you can't do it with the screwdriver off with the card. All clips and screws, nothing fancy, just a little flimsy in places

Sorry you lost me there what is the card you refer to.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Sorry you lost me there what is the card you refer to.

What you called the door panel.

Not your ornery onager

Thanks all for tips got to fix it now

Right Guys problem solved I got a mirror assembly from Qssory breakers and went to Body shop in Malahide ind. estate who fitted it for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement