Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb alert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.wlrfm.com/news-single.php?cat=1&id=74002

Bomb alert in City Hall and Theatre Royal.

Hope it's a hoax and everyone remains safe
    Judging by some of the national media's wildly hysterical reports on John halligan today,I reckon he will get blamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Max Powers wrote: »
    Judging by some of the national media's wildly hysterical reports on John halligan today,I reckon he will get blamed.

Mayor says there was one to go off at 1pm and the other at 1:20. The bomb squad turn up and search the premises and find nothing, it was a hoax that was rang in. I dunno but I think our Mayor should have kept his mouth shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Boooourns wrote: »
    Mayor says there was one to go off at 1pm and the other at 1:20. The bomb squad turn up and search the premises and find nothing, it was a hoax that was rang in. I dunno but I think our Mayor should have kept his mouth shut.

As we all expected...some child brained idiot thought it would be fun to ring a hoax.
    Hopefully the Gardai can catch the idiot and parade him before courts and media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Max Powers wrote: »
    As we all expected...some child brained idiot thought it would be fun to ring a hoax.
    Hopefully the Gardai can catch the idiot and parade him before courts and media.

Hopefully it is that kind of hoax but they never found out who done the schools one that affected the Urseline, the only info released was that it came from outside the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

The butterfly band blew the roof off the place last night ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I remember years and year ago someone stole a suitcase from a car (they will remain nameless) and left it outside Quinnsworth on Paddy Browne's road.

Anyway, someone suggested it was a bomb and the Guards were quickly on the scene to cording off the area. Hundreds if not a couple thousand of people turned up to see what would happen next but it took an age for the bomb squad to arrive and by then everyone was at home tucked up in bed.

Advertisement