Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.

Will there be more post-primary teaching jobs in the future?

• 04-08-2016 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ DonnaMarieAva

I think teaching is my calling. I know it's something that I'm good at and I love doing it. I have a lot of tutoring experience but that's all. I am going into my final year in college and I'm trying to figure out what to do.

I know that I can apply to do teacher training in the UK via UCAS and I'd probably walk straight into a job. It seems there are no shortage of jobs there. But, with what happened with Brexit, I don't know if that route would be feasible. Also, while I may become qualified and work in the UK, I may never be able to return to Ireland and work as a teacher here. I was looking at educationposts.ie and most of the jobs teaching business, accounting, economics (which would be my area) are part-time, substitution, or covering for maternity leave.

Being able to work in Ireland as a teacher would be my dream. Now, I may have to look at alternative graduate programmes. I loved learning about tax so I'm thinking of applying to the Chartered Tax Advisor programme in Dublin.

Sorry for the long-winded question. I would love some advice. Thank you :):)

Advertisement