Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac/QQI Offers from CAO

Options
  • 04-08-2016 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Did anyone get any offers in the CAO this morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

No :( I applied to 2 courses at DIT after finishing my current Higher Cert earlier this year. Didn't hear anything this morning so I'm a bit panicky now. If we didn't hear anything at 6am this morning does that mean we didn't get accepted for Round Zero? Or will places be offered until the 14th?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

No :( I applied to 2 courses at DIT after finishing my current Higher Cert earlier this year. Didn't hear anything this morning so I'm a bit panicky now. If we didn't hear anything at 6am this morning does that mean we didn't get accepted for Round Zero? Or will places be offered until the 14th?

I'm honestly not too sure, I got all distinctions on my course, so I was expecting an offer this moring but I did't get any offers either. I think the other offer date will be the 22nd of August

What kind of course was it, and what college did you apply to? I'm hoping it's different times/days for different colleges so I'm eager to know if any other applicants to DIT got theirs.

Hope you get good news!

What kind of course was it, and what college did you apply to? I'm hoping it's different times/days for different colleges so I'm eager to know if any other applicants to DIT got theirs.

Hope you get good news!

I applied for computing in DIT, DCU and UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ruthmorann

I applied for computing in DIT, DCU and UCD

I got my course in DCU this morning. Contact the schools because GMIT galway had a delay in giving out offers

• Advertisement

ruthmorann wrote: »
    I got my course in DCU this morning. Contact the schools because GMIT galway had a delay in giving out offers

Who would you suggest I contact? should I contact the course head?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 zachvs

Got and accepted DT504

zachvs wrote: »
    Got and accepted DT504

Was that at 6am? Curious if it was automated

• Registered Users Posts: 6 zachvs

I checked it around 8am and the offer was there but probably was there since 6.

What is your course code? I think that only 'MAN' courses got offers today, in other words you're just competing against fetac students

My course is 'UDP' so hopefully I will get my offer on the 22nd:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Alka Seltzer

I was hoping to see an offer for Medical Science GA785 at GMIT this morning as I got ten distinctions in a Fetac Level 5 course.

The code for Medical Science is MAN/MLT so does that mean the two places reserved for Fetac students have already been offered or is there a chance that I might be offered a place in the next round?

I was hoping to see an offer for Medical Science GA785 at GMIT this morning as I got ten distinctions in a Fetac Level 5 course.

The code for Medical Science is MAN/MLT so does that mean the two places reserved for Fetac students have already been offered or is there a chance that I might be offered a place in the next round?

If a fetac student doesn't take their offer then you may get an offer from them on the 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Keepout007

if you didnt get an offer for medical science at gmit then that means you didn't get in because only courses with MAN got offers today, i applied for medical science too and i didnt get in

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭wehuntmonsters

Got my first choice with Maynooth. Just wondering as to how I register.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mistylu

Hi, did anyone get an offer for nursing?

mistylu wrote: »
    Hi, did anyone get an offer for nursing?

Offers for nursing were issued on the 04/08/2016 which was yesterday. If you didn't get an offer then unfortunately you didn't get in nursing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mistylu

Keepout007 wrote: »
    Offers for nursing were issued on the 04/08/2016 which was yesterday. If you didn't get an offer then unfortunately you didn't get in nursing.

I think the second round is the 1st of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Alka Seltzer

Keepout007 wrote: »
    if you didnt get an offer for medical science at gmit then that means you didn't get in because only courses with MAN got offers today, i applied for medical science too and i didnt get in

I rang the admissions office at GMIT yesterday and was told that they only gave out nursing offers. However, according to the coding/scoring system that is applied to courses it certainly would appear that the offers for medical science were indeed out yesterday.
    Did you have medical science as your first choice? I'm now hoping for science at NUIG on the basis of my leaving cert points.

I rang the admissions office at GMIT yesterday and was told that they only gave out nursing offers. However, according to the coding/scoring system that is applied to courses it certainly would appear that the offers for medical science were indeed out yesterday.
    Did you have medical science as your first choice? I'm now hoping for science at NUIG on the basis of my leaving cert points.

I had medical science as my first choice but however, I didn't get offered a place but I had NUIG Science as my second choice and I got an offer from CAO for Science in NUIG on the 04/08/2016. If you do get into Science in NUIG then hopefully I'll see you there on the orientation day and best of luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DukeAwesome

Someone I know (Achieved 8 distinctions) got into UCD's computer science course with the Round Zero offers.

Best of luck to everyone waiting on Round 1 offers.

• Advertisement

I got my level 8 offer this morning, did anyone else get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DukeAwesome

I got my level 8 offer this morning, did anyone else get one?

Congrats.

Got my level 8 course too. Granted not my first choice, but I'm still content :D

Congrats.

Got my level 8 course too. Granted not my first choice, but I'm still content :D

Congratulations, I didn't get my first choice either but I'm still ecstatic. I've been so stressed out these last few weeks because I thought I wasn't gonna any offers

Advertisement