Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airgun Target Shooting from Oct 2016 - Athy, Co Kildare

Options
  • 04-08-2016 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I am trying to establish a group of Air Rifle Target Shooters. Ideally meeting up weekly on Sat or Sun (TBC) at Harbour House Sports Club, Athy, Co Kildare. They have excellent facilities there covering distances over 10 metres to 50 metres for gallery rifle and benchrest. Wheelchair accessible sheltered out to 50m. Ideally need commitment from interested parties for the time period Oct 2016 - Mar 2016. If numbers and interest warrant a Air Gunners Group could be founded to share best practice, latest products and innovations in the sport. Please spread word and share with fellow air gunners. You must have your on licenced Air Rifle. Lets start the conversation fellow Airgunners and get something up and running for Autumn/Winter 2016 :)

Interested in Air Rifle Hunter Field Target (HFT) / Field Target (FT) in Leinster ? 4 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭clivej

KE_MAN wrote: »
    I am trying to establish a group of Air Rifle Target Shooters. Ideally meeting up weekly on Sat or Sun (TBC) at Harbour House Sports Club, Athy, Co Kildare. They have excellent facilities there covering distances over 10 metres to 50 metres for gallery rifle and benchrest. Wheelchair accessible sheltered out to 50m. Ideally need commitment from interested parties for the time period Oct 2016 - Mar 2016. If numbers and interest warrant a Air Gunners Group could be founded to share best practice, latest products and innovations in the sport. Please spread word and share with fellow air gunners. You must have your on licenced Air Rifle. Lets start the conversation fellow Airgunners and get something up and running for Autumn/Winter 2016 :)

Not to rain on your parade but............

Although HH have 1 50m, 1 50m benchrest, and 1 25m ranges I can't see how you could take over one of these ranges to shoot at say 10, 15m, as most of the shooting is done at 25m. Unless you are falling in with the members that shoot at 25m.
    Now I'm quite sure that with prior arrangement you can use any of the ranges

Also the new range 4, 100m is almost ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Contact the NTSA with regards to Air Rifle/Pistol. I know it's mainly shot through the uni in Dublin and a couple of ranges on the east coast, but there's absolutely nothing west of that. It would be nice to see it being broadened out. PS. Precision rifle and pistol is normally shot indoors.

Good luck with your venture

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

As LB6 said, most of the ISSF 10m air rifle is shot by UCD & TCD students/alumni but there are a few others shooting it from Wilkinstown (Meath) and the Defence Forces. The only other air rifle target shooting I know of is field target (non-ISSF) and running target (ISSF, but non-Olympic). There are a few folks in the north shooting field target, but I don't know anyone closer. I haven't heard of anyone shooting running target here at all.

Of course, you can shoot an air rifle at pretty much any safe target but if you're looking to compete at it then ISSF 10m is pretty much the only opportunity you'll get in this country. Was ISSF 10m what you had in mind? If so, drop me a PM if you need targets or other gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Abbeyfield farm in Clane have an air-specific target range which could be worth looking into as an alternative if required.

Having said that, I do know that Tommy is looking to get more people into the range so I don't think you'll have much difficulty there, and the facilities are quite good.

As Conor says, the ISSF crowd here are predominantly catered to by UCD, TCD, and Wilkinstown, and they require indoor facilities in any case.

There isn't any HFT here though, and that may be a welcome addition. If I hadn't just gotten rid of my own field air rifle, I'd definitely be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KE_MAN

Thanks for your feedback guys.

Have a look at this video clip as a taste of HFT/FT ........http://bit.ly/2aFDkQZ

I will continue on my endeavours to establish Hunter Filed Target / Field Target. If anyone is interested please message me directly. Thank you.

• Advertisement

Check out the HFT Masters 2016 .......http://bit.ly/2aMpKJL

Air Gunners interested in Field Target ?

https://www.facebook.com/FieldTargetIreland/

Advertisement