Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology conversion course with a level 7 undergraduate qualifaction

Options
  • 03-08-2016 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Have done a bit of searching and couldn't find anything definitively relevant, so thought I would just ask you guys to see could anyone steer me the right way!

I currently have a level 7 degree in business and management, and have been accepted onto a level 8 digital business add on year, but my heart is set on transitioning to psychology.

Problem is, all the conversion courses I can find have a level 8 undergraduate degree as a prerequisite. I could do another year to get my level 8 in business, but, being 25 and having had spent years already doing something I now realise was unsuitable, another year seems like wasted time (not to mention cost).

Would anyone know of any way around this situation, or is it a case where I have to suck it up and just do another year of business first?

Would really appreciate some insight!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 silly_dancer

I would suggest finishing your degree and then doing the conversion as your only other option would be to start again with a new degree. You are only 25, plenty of time! I went back as a mature student myself and didn't find the time passing. I am also looking at further study in a new field but having an initial degree in anything behind you will stand to you. My heart wasn't in my degree either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

you will need a level 8

Advertisement