Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeymoon Help! Tanzania/kenya/Safari

Options
  • 03-08-2016 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

We are interested in visiting Tanzania/Kenya and maybe some islands like Zanzibar/Seychelles. The plan is to go on honeymoon in July 2017 for about 3weeks and try mix it up with luxury and budget accommodation and get in safari/culture/sight seeing etc. Our budget would be about 6-7k including flights from Dublin. Has anyone done a trip in Tanzania/Kenya they would recommend, and would you advise booking through agent like trailfinders or doing it yourself? We are in our early 30s and enjoy both being very active or just watching the day go by with a cocktail. Any advice would be much appreciate even if it's somewhere not mentioned above. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

did something like that a few years back for our honeymoon. cost a bit more (thinking nearer 10k) but it being the honeymoon we did go all out. if you want prices then pm me. we booked it ourselves and went with a local operator in arusha and they were brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheFunnyOne

We are interested in visiting Tanzania/Kenya and maybe some islands like Zanzibar/Seychelles. The plan is to go on honeymoon in July 2017 for about 3weeks and try mix it up with luxury and budget accommodation and get in safari/culture/sight seeing etc. Our budget would be about 6-7k including flights from Dublin. Has anyone done a trip in Tanzania/Kenya they would recommend, and would you advise booking through agent like trailfinders or doing it yourself? We are in our early 30s and enjoy both being very active or just watching the day go by with a cocktail. Any advice would be much appreciate even if it's somewhere not mentioned above. Cheers

I stayed in this place called the Octagon Lodge in Tanzania and it was great.

Run by an Irish guy and his Tanzanian wife (well it was at the time anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭oconnoao

We just came back from our honeymoon in Tanzania at the weekend! We had a ball!

We spent 6 nights on Safari and 8 nights in Zanzibar . We booked it all through a local tour operator in Arusha (Swala Safaris) and booked our own flights (international and internal). I think it cost us close to 9K in total including flights. We got a pretty crazy quote from Trailfinders before we started looking at doing it independently and we contacted a bunch of tour operators directly.

I would definitely recommend the trip, you could shorten the safari to 4 or 5 nights to save a bit without impacting the trip. We were exhausted by the end of the safari and very much looking forward to the beach after 5 days! Zanzibar was beautiful, the beaches were fab and we chilled out most days by the pool or beach.

If you're still considering it as an option, send me a PM and I'll send you more details!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

we've just booked south africa and mauritius for July next year with africansafari.co.uk Im almost more excited for this than the wedding now :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 32 grangegorman

Thanks all,

Africa looks pretty amazing and very exciting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Went to South Africa a few years ago and loved Safariing. Highly recommend booking it yourself and not going through a travel agent. You will save a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I used to live in Kenya the one place I would suggest adding over pretty much anywhere is Sweet Waters I used to live going there! There is a ditch hiding the electric fence so when you go outside you're literally looking straight out at the wildlife.

http://www.serenahotels.com/serenasweetwaters/default-en.html?mobibook=false

Advertisement