Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Deep scratches on Toyota Corolla car! Advice please?

Options
  • 03-08-2016 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Today I was pulling in to an area and the back got caught on a gable end, creating deep scratches on the left side of the car, damaging the door, behind the door and the handle, I know it would cost hundreds to fix but I just don't have the money i'm afraid.

Would you guys have any advice for creating a fix or semi fix so it atleast looks farily ok?

I would appreciate any advice guys.

Below is a picture of the damage :(

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭clonagam

Hi,

Just repaired a similar scrape. I'm no expert but as no one else has replied - here is my tuppence worth.
    First clean the area, then rub down roughness with fine sandpaper. Mask off damaged area with masking tape and newspaper. Fill depressions with knifing putty applied with spatula or small trowel. Rub down again with sandpaper to obtain as smooth a surface as possible. Continue applying small layers as necessary letting them dry between applications and rubbing down again. When you have achieved best result finish with wet and dry sandpaper to get polished effect. Next apply spray primer sparingly - too long a burst will result in runs - and let paint dry between coats. Finally, use spray paint matched to your car. I've got some pics of my job but I can't upload them - don't know why!

Good luck!

Clonagam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

thank you.

Advertisement