Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on moving to Cork

Options
  • 03-08-2016 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello all
    My wife has job offer in Cork and we are wordering what area/town would be the best and quietest place to live with 2 toddlers?
    She would be on the road in Cork so maybe close to the city but not important.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

What is a priority for you? Living in the city itself is extremely convenient and you end up spending more time with the family rather than in the car. Failing that, Midleton is close enough and has a good train service to Cork.

If working in the city, factor in the cost of parking in our calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Where are you moving from and how important are things like public transport, convenient shopping locations etc to you? If moving from Dublin for example you may find it a big change (I say that as a Dub myself)
    What about yourself? Can you work pretty much anywhere too, or what would you need to make that viable?

What's your budget and are you looking to rent or buy?

In short, there's a lot of factors to consider before your question can be answered :)

Advertisement