Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2003 Audi A4 1.9tdi(130hp) Quattro problems

Options
  • 03-08-2016 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I have a 2003 Audi A4 1.9 tdi130bhp Quattro.
    I have two problems

1 there is a slight vibration coming from the engine, isn't constant comes and goes but happens all the time when idling if the engine is hot or cold, no codes showing up, we have cleaned the egr valve and used system cleaner in the fuel and no change at all

The second is the buttons on the keys seem to work intermittently on both keys I have changed the battery in both keys and still no difference.

Anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Might not be fuel/air related, could be mechanical.

When was timing belt last changed? Might be worn or loose.
    Could be engine or box mounts, maybe time to get the flash light and pry bar out.

Re: key locking issue.

Do you mean the central lock or unlock buttons on the keys intermittently don't work or both? Does the central locking work OK using the key in the door?

Definitely nothing wrong with the keys, as both wouldn't be displaying the same symptoms.

Is your passenger footwell wet/damp in any way? Central locking module is under the carpet here afaik and can get corroded due to water egress - check for water under the battery as Plenum chamber drain can get blocked causing this issue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Does the Vibration change when you clutch in or out ? Could be the flywheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Galway1! wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a 2003 Audi A4 1.9 tdi130bhp Quattro.
    I have two problems

1 there is a slight vibration coming from the engine, isn't constant comes and goes but happens all the time when idling if the engine is hot or cold, no codes showing up, we have cleaned the egr valve and used system cleaner in the fuel and no change at all

The second is the buttons on the keys seem to work intermittently on both keys I have changed the battery in both keys and still no difference.

Anybody got any ideas?
    these engines are very agricultural and old school I noticed so could be just that. Also could be a sticky injector or the cam and buckets starting to wear. Is it smoky

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Check torsion value (engine timing). Ideally should be around 0. Mine vibrated on idle and I had a torsion value of 3.96. I nudged the cam back a few millimetres and got it near enough 0. Vibration has gone away. I also changed fuel filter at same time.

Advertisement