Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StubHub

Options
  • 03-08-2016 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

I've never used it before but I remember people going mad over it. I know why now.

Looking for two tickets for the Palace game. Went for the cheapest ones (£85 each). When I clicked on them it told me the face value was £41 each.

I assumed that Stubhub fees and other fees were what made up the £44 difference per ticket.

Then I go to the checkout and am about to pay when it informs me there is a further £33 charge for "fees" (including VAT, delivery and Stubhub fees).

What the hell? Has anyone experienced this before?

A £203 charge for two £41 tickets.

As mentioned I'm happy to pay fees and service charges etc. but £120 is insane!

Note: I see one or two fans selling their tickets below face value, it just appears that most people who are selling tickets on Stubhub are touts. Such a pity.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I've never used it before but I remember people going mad over it. I know why now.

Looking for two tickets for the Palace game. Went for the cheapest ones (£85 each). When I clicked on them it told me the face value was £41 each.

I assumed that Stubhub fees and other fees were what made up the £44 difference per ticket.

Then I go to the checkout and am about to pay when it informs me there is a further £33 charge for "fees" (including VAT, delivery and Stubhub fees).

What the hell? Has anyone experienced this before?

A £203 charge for two £41 tickets.

As mentioned I'm happy to pay fees and service charges etc. but £120 is insane!

Note: I see one or two fans selling their tickets below face value, it just appears that most people who are selling tickets on Stubhub are touts. Such a pity.

Don't touch stub hub fella, keep an eye on spurs tickets on Twitter and you should get 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Hatch99 wrote:
    Don't touch stub hub fella, keep an eye on spurs tickets on Twitter and you should get 2.

Cheers Hatch.

I'll keep an eye on Twitter in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Legailsed touting no more no less!

Advertisement