Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Megane 2012 5dr hatch back. Sticky door locks

Options
  • 03-08-2016 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Ocasionly I have to Press my unlock button twice before I can open the back driver door and now thedriver door is doing it. Is this an electrical fault or dose some linkage need lubricating inside the door panels.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

More than likely electrical, in my opinion. Renault have a history of electrical problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Shint0 wrote: »
    More than likely electrical, in my opinion. Renault have a history of electrical problems.

The Mk3 Megane doesn't really though. They are actually a fairly solid car.

Sounds like the lock actuators failing. They aren't really serviceable but they are cheap(ish) to buy.

I know it's getting late in the year but it's worth checking with Renault if you are still in warranty, plenty of 2012's had the 5 year policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Door lock now refuses to unlock. I have to open from the inside. Found out today the car has 5 year extended warrenty but she said the mechanic would have to examine it to see if job comes under the warrenty if it dosent I face a 70euro charge just for the inspection. I would have thought a faulty lock motor should be under guarantee. Its not like ive broken anything off ie a handle. Previously the back door has played up too. If I knew it was going to cost a lot id do it cheaper at a local garage. Anyone think im going to get this fixed for free. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

You will get it covered, or at the very least they will cover a percentage of the cost.

They can't commit to a warranty claim over the phone without an inspection so they have to make you aware that you will be footing the diagnostic bill if it's found to be user damage. It doesn't sound like user damage.

Does your car have a Renault service history?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Yes service history but not whit the main dealer I have it 2 years and been getting serviced elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement