Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 17 - Boards Franchise Future Thoughts and Ideas

Options
  • 03-08-2016 2:08pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With Madden 17 just around the corner seems a good idea to get some feedback on the structure of the league.

For now I'm just gonna put some options and people can add their thoughts.

1.Connected Franchise and continue with the same format as last season (Picking teams from the same conference)
    2.Connected Franchise but revert back to previous seasons format(Picking teams from any conference)
    3.Drop the connected franchise and do a head 2 head league format (no more cpu games)
    4.Fantasy Connected Franchise(And Potentially redrafting at the end of every franchise)
    5.GM franchise (no playing ofgames,just manage a team,advance every 1-2 days)

All have their pro's and con's.
    Also could potientially run 2 leagues like a H2H league and a GM Franchise for those wanting their CCF fix.

Which would you prefer this season?? 7 votes

CFM(teams from same conference)
    0%
    CFM(teams from any conference)
    42%
    davetheraveKnex*tripperman 3 votes
    Head 2 Head League
    14%
    tripperman 1 vote
    Fantasy Franchise
    14%
    Knex* 1 vote
    GM Franchise
    0%
    Head 2 Head League + GM Franchise
    28%
    PerrinV2tripperman 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    With Madden 17 just around the corner seems a good idea to get some feedback on the structure of the league.

For now I'm just gonna put some options and people can add their thoughts.

1.Connected Franchise and continue with the same format as last season (Picking teams from the same conference)
    2.Connected Franchise but revert back to previous seasons format(Picking teams from any conference)
    3.Drop the connected franchise and do a head 2 head league format (no more cpu games)
    4.Fantasy Connected Franchise(And Potentially redrafting at the end of every franchise)
    5.GM franchise (no playing ofgames,just manage a team,advance every 1-2 days)

All have their pro's and con's.
    Also could potientially run 2 leagues like a H2H league and a GM Franchise for those wanting their CCF fix.

I liked this seasons format with us all in one conference cut down on cpu games and made the fight for the play-offs very good, but I'll go with what the majority want on options 1 and 2,

Fantasy draft would be fun to do, GM franchise would be interesting, how long of a GM franchise are you thinking of,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

tripperman wrote: »
    I liked this seasons format with us all in one conference cut down on cpu games and made the fight for the play-offs very good, but I'll go with what the majority want on options 1 and 2,

Fantasy draft would be fun to do, GM franchise would be interesting, how long of a GM franchise are you thinking of,
    Min of 7-8 seasons I'd guess,you'd need a good few seasons to potientally build a team.

Min of 7-8 seasons I'd guess,you'd need a good few seasons to potientally build a team.

8 seasons would be good, takes a while to build up a team, longer franchise might encourage more trading and means you would have to deal with the cap space after handing out big contracts early on in the franchise as the years go on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Whichever cuts down on CPU games the most is best really. We lose people just because of that so GM mode or one conferences suits me

8 seasons would be good, takes a while to build up a team, longer franchise might encourage more trading and means you would have to deal with the cap space after handing out big contracts early on in the franchise as the years go on
    Exactly,you can't really hand out the big contracts as it could cripple you down the line unless you're going all out for 1 season.
    Even the draft would take on greater importance.
    Whichever cuts down on CPU games the most is best really. We lose people just because of that so GM mode or one conferences suits me
    Aye which is why is the head to head could be an a viable option.

• Advertisement

Exactly,you can't really hand out the big contracts as it could cripple you down the line unless you're going all out for 1 season.
    Even the draft would take on greater importance.

Aye which is why is the head to head could be an a viable option.

The 1st draft is the only real good draft in our league so far. 2 seasons on they might be class

Head to head makes a lot of sense but again, you'd can't develop a team how you like it, and the ratings will change as the season goes on making some teams OP

GM mode might be a good shout and but not playing games could lose people quickly. If we get a genuine number of people who will be back, we can make a decision. Sure we might find some people in the pro leagues who want to join another one, just need to know who's actually in

The 1st draft is the only real good draft in our league so far. 2 seasons on they might be class

Head to head makes a lot of sense but again, you'd can't develop a team how you like it, and the ratings will change as the season goes on making some teams OP

GM mode might be a good shout and but not playing games could lose people quickly. If we get a genuine number of people who will be back, we can make a decision. Sure we might find some people in the pro leagues who want to join another one, just need to know who's actually in
    I not sure how the H2H might run,I had just joined here when it ended so I might pm Heli for the format they ran.Maybe they played so many fixtures in a season and once done,new teams for the following season?

I would be thinking an option would be to run both the H2H and GM franchise at the same time maybe,get the best of both worlds,games on the H2H,team building in the GM.

Again just floating around ideas at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Fantasy Franchise
    Bit late to the thread. If we don't have the numbers for a proper CFM, I'd definitely be up doing the GM option, and also then either a head to head league or the Fantasy CFM mode.

Think EA Access has an early release of Madden next week as well, so we'll likely start getting a better idea of numbers soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I'll go with what's most popular, wouldn't mind doing the other conference or fantasy or H2H buy no draft fun or team building with that

Right I've added a poll,vote away on your preferred choice for this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

CFM(teams from any conference)
    I went for the last one. Don't think that there is enough interest to do even a one conference franchise mode. I haven't ever used the GM mode but sure feck it I'm well used to losing :D

Perrin how do you work the head to head

Perrin how do you work the head to head
    Waiting to see what the numbers are but the way things are nothing might be running this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

honestly dont know which is best but if there is a league im interested..... ill be cannon fodder but im in

Fantasy Franchise
    Even if there isn't a league, I think we could still arrange ad hoc weekend head to head tournaments, or something.

I'd like to think that after Christmas you might see more folks with an Xbox/Madden and that community might get back on track a bit.

I've never played with the Madden PFL guys, but I suppose that's always an option as well. How have folks here found that?

That's ok perrin I'll keep an eye for updates, hopefully numbers might pick up after Christmas as knex says, this was the first Madden cfm I joined so I'd like to be in it as long as I'm playing Madden,

Knex the PFL is grand, if your lucky you can get a division of sound people and its great craic, I'm in the PRO 10 and I'm sharing the division with rock and padraic for the coming four seasons,

they have two cfm one is full and the other same as here has few openings left and a couple of h2h league's, skill level wise it's very spread out, there's a top tier of guy's like perrin of about 7/8 maybe at most that are extremely good and take it seriously, you will win a lot games over there as your very good player, it's up to yourself tho,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

This PS4?

Fantasy Franchise
    Peist2007 wrote: »
    This PS4?

We're all on Xbox, I'm afraid.
    Knex the PFL is grand, if your lucky you can get a division of sound people and its great craic, I'm in the PRO 10 and I'm sharing the division with rock and padraic for the coming four seasons,

they have two cfm one is full and the other same as here has few openings left and a couple of h2h league's, skill level wise it's very spread out, there's a top tier of guy's like perrin of about 7/8 maybe at most that are extremely good and take it seriously, you will win a lot games over there as your very good player, it's up to yourself tho,

Cheers man, much appreciated. My only issue is if I have to travel with work again, which looks likely. They seem to move at a faster pace over there, so if I was gone for a week or two it would have a much bigger effect than if it was the case in the Boards league.

I'll look into it anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Knex. wrote: »

Cheers man, much appreciated. My only issue is if I have to travel with work again, which looks likely. They seem to move at a faster pace over there, so if I was gone for a week or two it would have a much bigger effect than if it was the case in the Boards league.

No worries, would have only hammered ye all and made ye look bad anyways :P

Peist2007 wrote: »
    No worries, would have only hammered ye all and made ye look bad anyways :P

Don't worry perrin does that to us, look up Maddenpfl, they have started some ps4 league's and trying to build up numbers, think only two or three PlayStation people posted here,

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »

Yeah PRO 10 advances twice a week so you would miss 4 game weeks, the PRO 8 only advances every 5 day's so not about the same as here, sorry should have said that, no problem knex just answered your query, if your online over the hit me up for a friendly on Madden 17

What Tripp said Knex....also I'm class.

Also,anyone know how to make the poll public? I thought it was when I created it.edit * I don't think you can actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Was reading all excited then saw you were all xbox :(

Poll edited to allow multiple choices and public.

Poll bump.

Thought with the release of the game with good reviews and the start of the nfl season so close interest might have risen

Yeah crazy little responses...I remember we only had 2 spaces left in madden 13

Yeah crazy little responses...I remember we only had 2 spaces left in madden 13
    Oh Giffney remembers..

Advertisement