Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Expired Learner Permit Renewal

Options
  • 03-08-2016 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I have an expired Learner permit for A & A1 categories. It expired in July 2012. I had a Honda Varadero 125 in 2010/11 and sold it on. I planned to take the test for the full license but I just couldn't find the time and by the time I planned to get another bike and apply for the full license, I was in a car accident and suffered serious back injuries. I am still not fit enough to ride, but I am hoping that I will next year.

So, this is my 1st Learner permit, as the original one had long expired and I started all over again in 2010. I am wondering how long after the expiry am I allowed to renew it, without having to do another theory test and then do the lessons. I am quite comfortable on bikes....used to ride them before I got a car and let my provisional expire when I got the full B license.

I just don't want to renew the license at the moment unless I need to, because it would be a waste, as I can't make use of it. Is it 5 years after expiry, or has this changed?

I would like to get me one of these

XVS_650_A_Drag_star_Classic_98-06_2.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Someone I know had to start fresh on a provisional because her previous provisional had expired so long ago.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

If it's expired 5 years you need to do everything again as if for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

If it's expired 5 years you need to do everything again as if for the first time.

so i have another year almost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Another question. My LP has A1 & A, but there is also A2 on the new application. Is this an age restriction? If so, I reckon I am OK at over 30. I can't remember what all the new rules are :o Can I select A2?

I have AM on the full license as it is. Shame it's only for mopeds :(

EDIT...I see it is both an age and power restriction. However, I am over 18. Can I select both A1 and 2, or move from A1-2?

Advertisement