Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crab fishing with the kids

Options
  • 03-08-2016 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Does anybody know where is a good spot to do this? Anywhere on the Waterford coast line is fine for us. Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Many years ago my kids used to love 'fishing' in the rock pools left by the retreating tide in Woodstown .... around the head near the car park.
    I have no idea what it is like these days .....

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

You could also try the pier in Tramore (it's a small harbour where locals keep their boats).
    Generations of children have spent many happy hours catching crabs there. Just be aware that it's deep, depending on tides, so adult supervision would be advisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,178 ✭✭✭✭looksee

That's a great idea, I had forgotten the joys of crab fishing. 'I caught 8 crabs' - well actually it was the same rather thick crab that got caught 8 times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Bunmahon is good for this when the tide is out

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Be very careful with the tides, comes in very fast

• Advertisement
Advertisement