Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opeth - Sorceress

Options
  • 03-08-2016 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Title track from Opeth's upcoming album Sorceress.

Sounds a bit heavier than Pale Communion / Heritage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Waara Rex

Looking forward to hearing a full album

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Promising want to hear more, Pale Communion grew on me after awhile, the vocals on that track are stylistically different to any of those on said last album.

Perhaps I'm asking for too much hoping for variety and expand outside the borders they confined themselves in since Heritage.

Seeing at Wembley in November very expensive mind but had the Roundhouse tapes on one night accompanied with a bust of cans and before I knew it I was booked up to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,117 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Song is good, bit all over the place. Love the riffle though, just crunches perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Be interested to hear the rest of the album. I wasn't mad on Pale Communion. Found it pretty forgettable.

Really digging the chorus riff from Sorceress. Sludgy goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

I like Alice in Chains.. so this sounds okay

I respect whatever direction a band wants to go, but this is not the Opeth I fell in love with many years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Not digging it at all. I haven't enjoyed an Opeth album since Ghost Reveries. It's early days yet though, I hope they surprise me.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It's not bad. Not wowed by the sound of the intro or the end of the song, but enjoyed the sludgey riffs throughout.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I liked Cusp of Eternity on Pale Communion, but wasn't big on the rest, so I'll hold my opinion until the record comes out.

I do like how they do what they want with every offering. For me, the last cracker was Watershed,

Another song

Reminds me of Damnation a little bit, though the mood is different.

I quite like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Another song

Reminds me of Damnation a little bit, though the mood is different.

I quite like it.

Great track indeed, I too got a Damnation vibe from it. This song has renewed my interest in the new album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The latest track, I've heard the full release too (unofficially) first impressions are that kinda just plods along and majority of it didn't grab me at all including that "Wilde Flowers" track apart from the jam at the last 30 seconds of it. Found it a struggle to remain interested in the album tbh, not a good sign :(

That's a remarkably unimpressive track...

Will give the album a listen at some point, but finding it difficult to muster up much excitement.

The Wilde Flowers... Hmmm... Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Waara Rex

I'd say I generally like it - there were a few moments that made me stop typing.

Will wait for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

So I finally got around to listening to the new album.

You know it's not bad. I was expecting to be thoroughly bored, but there are some moments in there that I really, really enjoy. Bits of Strange Brew and Spring I really like.

I have a feeling it might grow on me quite a bit. I think it'll be a good album to just have on in the background more so than one that really benefits from giving 100% of your attention to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

I think it's fcukin fantastic ...

The released songs in context of the album as whole make sense. It's a fcking excellent album!

Gave it a listen there, thought it was ok. Some nice riffs

I've had it on repeat. I really think it's fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Have this on repeat lately, absolutely fantastic album.

Advertisement