Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry Councillor Promoting Aires on Newstalk

Options
  • 03-08-2016 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

I didn't catch his name, but he was on midday August 2nd saying motorhomes needed places to stay as they toured the Wild Atlantic Way,
    A change of heart?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Bout time. I'm just back from Connemara. It's easy enough to pitch beside quiet remote beaches etc, but most of the beaches aren't even signposted in any way. We found them with Google Earth and Sat Nav. Lovely little quays, perfect for sailboarding, golden sand stretching away: and not even a cold water tap.
    It really feels like they don't want tourists at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I just saw a post on my facebook feed, saying a camper has arrived in Kenmare to see signs "No Camping" around the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭niloc1951

bobdcow wrote: »
    I just saw a post on my facebook feed, saying a camper has arrived in Kenmare to see signs "No Camping" around the town.

That's OK, just don't set up camp just park Click Here to see the difference :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Some places have signs prohibiting overnight parking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

*Kol* wrote: »

Yes, they do. But how legal is this? Do they have to quote the statute book? Supposing you're just sleeping off an extra glass of whiskey, and have no external footprint?

-- and you observe the Etiquette of Campervanning, as follows
    "Arrive at sunset, depart after breakfast, leave no trace"

We almost always "stealth" - in Ireland - very discreetly. We've never had any hassle, but no doubt our day (or night) will come!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭niloc1951

*Kol* wrote: »

Parking regulations must serve the requirements of providing parking in a manner so as not to impede the safe circulation of other vehicles. For example parking in dangerous places or places which can cause an obstruction.

Time limits are to serve the requirement to rotate vehicles to facilitate the availability of spaces for new arrivals.

Regulations which do not serve either have no real purpose or requirement and are contrary to the requirement that laws and bye-laws shall only be enacted to deal with a situation proven to be contrary to the public good.

Advertisement