Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs from china

Options
  • 02-08-2016 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has anyone ever purchased clubs from China obviously there fakes but I have heard both good stories and bad stories about them just wondering does anyone else have experience

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Gbyrne47 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever purchased clubs from China obviously there fakes but I have heard both good stories and bad stories about them just wondering does anyone else have experience

I've three sticks for hunting cows with that say Vokey on them.. They look like vokeys, but they ain't vokeys...

Don't waste you're money, buy second hand if you can't afford new.

Mine were a "present" but cheap JBoss wedges felt better to use than them, I own real Vokey Wedges now and I think the balance, weight and feel of them are no comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gbyrne47

Newtown90 wrote: »
    I've three sticks for hunting cows with that say Vokey on them.. They look like vokeys, but they ain't vokeys...

Don't waste you're money, buy second hand if you can't afford new.

Mine were a "present" but cheap JBoss wedges felt better to use than them, I own real Vokey Wedges now and I think the balance, weight and feel of them are no comparison.
    Thanks Mate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭enricoh

Grade a junk, been there done that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

A friend of mine bought a fake ping driver a few years back i looked good enough but it was pure rubbish. Horrible sound of it and it lacked distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Newtown90 wrote: »

Have you tried hunting the cows with the real Vokeys? Any improvement in performance?:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

I can't be the only one who doesn't get it....or am I? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I wouldn't put too much faith in either, however if pushed I would play with a "copied design" rather then a full on fake. A "pong" rather than a "ping". QC on fakes is bad, where the "design inspired by" model needs to rely on being a somewhat decent product. Resale will be problematic and obviously the real deal new/used is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gbyrne47

RoadRunner wrote: »
    I wouldn't put too much faith in either, however if pushed I would play with a "copied design" rather then a full on fake. A "pong" rather than a "ping". QC on fakes is bad, where the "design inspired by" model needs to rely on being a somewhat decent product. Resale will be problematic and obviously the real deal new/used is best.

Yeah I agree mate was looking on Aliexpress some reviews are unreal makes it so tempting but then some are cat between a rock and a hard place

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

RoadRunner wrote: »

The Chinese are a great bunch for the auld Ping Pong.

The knock offs that I've seen are about the same price as good second hand clubs. It's madness to even consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

Have a set of real Pings and a set fake pings my friend got from China , have to say the fake ones are good. You would know they are fake thought when you compare them to the real ones. These are Irons can't say how the Woods perform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Spider Rico

Purchased a second hand Ping 3 wood and 5 wood on Donedeal, on the understanding that they were real....at the time I hadn't even heard of counterfeit golf clubs.

Actually, I played with them for a while without noticing. When I read an article on counterfeit clubs, something twigged. I inspected the clubs and noticed poor quality lettering and paintfill. The headcovers didn't exactly match the real ones either. I submitted the ID numbers to Ping who confirmed that they were indeed counterfeit.

After that, regardless of whether they were any good or not, it was in my head every time I played a shot with them....that was enough for me to replace them....

Advertisement