Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommendation for Indy Mechanic South Dublin please!

Options
  • 02-08-2016 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I had a search for previous threads but they seemed quite old.

I am looking for any recommendations for a bit of work that needs doing to my Skoda Superb. I am based in the Sandyford Area and unfortunately have had bad experiences with two automotive chains already so now I am at the stage where I want to go the independent route if possible.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Only about 15 mins down the M50 from Sandyford, I'd recommend Pat Driver in Kilmancanogue. We've had plenty of cars, high and low end, looked after by him and never had an issue with the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Well there are a few good independent lads around there. One specifically deals with German stuff. As for a certain chain of big yellow 'garages', I wouldn't even let them balance a wheel. AVOID.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

ironclaw wrote: »
    Only about 15 mins down the M50 from Sandyford, I'd recommend Pat Driver in Kilmancanogue. We've had plenty of cars, high and low end, looked after by him and never had an issue with the work.

Thanks for this - I will give him a shout and see what the story is so. :)

Well there are a few good independent lads around there. One specifically deals with German stuff. As for a certain chain of big yellow 'garages', I wouldn't even let them balance a wheel. AVOID.

Any idea who the guy is that deals with the German makes?

ironclaw wrote: »

Where exactly is Pat based?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Any idea who the guy is that deals with the German makes?

Sorry, that's Jules Chambers/Chambers performance. Google him for his number, haven't got it to hand.

Sorry, that's Jules Chambers/Chambers performance. Google him for his number, haven't got it to hand.

Cheers, will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Where exactly is Pat based?

He's based just off the South bound lane of the N11 that runs via Kilmacanogue, almost opposite the Avoca Handweavers. If you pass Kellys Recovery or Topaz you have gone too far.

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/L37uHqPhm312 or Eircode: A98 C3K0

Advertisement