Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 problemnext

Parcel Motel is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Thanks. Just curious now why they can't say what the restriction is, why they can deliver one Logitech speaker and not another,why they bluntly said no further communication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Just use parcel motel, life's too short

• Registered Users Posts: 46 problemnext

eman66 wrote: »
    Thanks. Just curious now why they can't say what the restriction is, why they can deliver one Logitech speaker and not another,why they bluntly said no further communication.
    Amazon seem to have very little interest in Irish Customers. We just have to get over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Finding something similar today for the LG G5, however they wont deliver to my parcel motel address either

amazon.co.uk/LG-G5-32-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B01CDZYXXE

It is sold by amazon and it says it can't be delivered to ireland.
    If you change the little dropdown to UK - Northern Ireland it looks ok.
    I then change the delivery address to the Newtownabbey Parcel motel address and it can't be delivered there. Wonder are they blocking this address now?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

i have seen that a few time. Go back to the start of the order process and select your PM address at the start. It will work then. A bit of a nuance.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Thanks NTC.

Still cant seem to get it to work though, its weird, on some products under the Add to Basket on the right i can change the Dispatch to: address, its not available on that LG G5 phone and some other phones.

Even when i change my default address to PM it wont allow me to continue on and buy it even though it comes up with the usual "Want it delivered to UK - Northern Ireland by Sunday, 9 Oct.? "

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

derekbro wrote: »
    Thanks NTC.

Still cant seem to get it to work though, its weird, on some products under the Add to Basket on the right i can change the Dispatch to: address, its not available on that LG G5 phone and some other phones.

Even when i change my default address to PM it wont allow me to continue on and buy it even though it comes up with the usual "Want it delivered to UK - Northern Ireland by Sunday, 9 Oct.? "

That happens with some products during checkout as they can't be delivered to NI. Mostly batteries and liquid fragrances

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I tried it with my an post mainland UK address and was also refused that phone.

So I tried another phone from amazon and it was OK. So then tried both phones in the same basket and all appeared OK, then deleted the new phone and the one you want was seemingly available now.

It only works with my AP address, not parcel motel nor wizard. Also if I try PW or PM first I get a rejection, and if I then select AP from my dropdown menu it still refuses me. i.e. you have to pick AP from the get go. Along the lines of what the poster NTC saw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement