Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 70 years old need car insurance, no NCB... where to insure?

Options
  • 02-08-2016 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I need to get car insurance for an over 70 year old, but due to circumstances, they have never had insurance in their own name, and have not been a named driver for a few years either.

Does anyone know where to get this type of insurance?

I was told to ring brokers - they tell me to ring insurance companies directly
    Insurance companies tell me to ring brokers...!!!!!

So far I have had several no way, we only insure those with no-NCB under the age of 30 years!

I have had one quote only from liberty insurance, but want to know if there is any other company / broker we might be able to get a quote from? I hope someone can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try all in the sticky.
    If you find one, let us know in case some other OAP has similar question.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭boarduser01

Liberty insurance the only one who would insure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Not if this applies in your case but if the person has no ncb due to their spouse passing away they may be able to transfer that to their own name.

Advertisement