Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost of repairs query

Options
  • 02-08-2016 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Having not had an accident of any sort for years, myself and my wife have both separately in the last week had a 'ding'. My wife damaged the front passenger side bumper, and I put a decent dent in the rear passenger side panel (as per the attached photos). The car is an '08 Passat.

Before I make a decision as to which, if any, to put through the insurance, I'm just wondering if anyone in the know has any views as to which is likely to be the more expensive repair (and at what cost). I'm assuming the rear passenger door panel, but I don't know.

I will be going to a garage of course but just looking to get a quick heads up re cost.

Any views greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not DIY effort, moved to main forum.

Although you could probably fix both those issues yourself. They don't seem too bad and should not be very expensive to fix.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Where you based? Might be worth getting some local recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭stepinnman

Sorry about the forum mix-up.

Based in South Dublin. I don't think the pictures do it justice. The 'ding' in the side panel is pretty nasty.

Advertisement