Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting rid of a dead car

Options
  • 02-08-2016 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm trying to get rid of my late mother's car, which has been sitting in the driveway for years. I don't have the reg docs so I was sent a Statutory Declaration Form for the new owner to complete. It mentions having to bring the car to a dealer. Since it doesn't move, what's the most practical way to get rid of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Been in a similar situation 6years ago. A member of the travelling community gave us €50 and moved it for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

If its just for scrap ring one of your local auto recyclers they will collect it and give you and end of life cert.
    If you sell it on without changing ownership youre looking for hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

What kind of car is it? Might be of use to somebody for parts etc, could be worth advertising for a few bob and someone may come and take it off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ChahChahChah

It's a 2005 Matiz. It seems much older though and even when it ran it had to be jumped most of the time.

I don't care about getting anything for it, I just want it shifted. I'm selling the house atm, and it's in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

As said, check with local car recyclers that can come pick it up for you.
    Make sure to get end-of-life cert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Used a crowd called Car Take Back before. They give you a price and come and get the car if required (you get less money if they collect) and get you a certificate of destruction. Make sure you get the certificate!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Fire brigade might take it for training purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Won't all these require a vehicle registration cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Stoolbend wrote: »
    Won't all these require a vehicle registration cert?

Can you not get a duplicate from the Registration people?

Advertisement