Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No seatbelt

Options
  • 02-08-2016 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi everyone.
    Small question. How someone usually can be done for driving no seatbelt in Dublin? I usually - to be honest always drive with seatbelt on, just today morning was not sleep all night and somehow drove off with no seatbelt on. I was in traffic when garda car passed me. Do they use in car cameras to catch people or usually they are stopping people in these cases. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

I would have thought they would stop you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Clunk click every trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

konraado wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    Small question. How someone usually can be done for driving no seatbelt in Dublin? I usually - to be honest always drive with seatbelt on, just today morning was not sleep all night and somehow drove off with no seatbelt on. I was in traffic when garda car passed me. Do they use in car cameras to catch people or usually they are stopping people in these cases. Thanks

Did it not feel really weird driving without a seatbelt? No matter how sleep deprived I am, driving without one just gives me a weird sensation. I've been known to put on my seatbelt to move the car 20m in front of the house :)

If they didn't pull you in, you're unlikely to be done for it. If you're so sleep deprived that you can't remember something you always do, should you really have been driving though?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've seen them on their twitter feed pull drivers over for no seatbelt on. Being pulled for having a mobile phone in your hand while driving seems to be on the up too and rightfully so.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭FrontDoor

bazz26 wrote: »
    Being pulled for having a mobile phone in your hand while driving seems to be on the up too and rightfully so.
    Maybe its just me, but I'd say 1 in 5 cars I pass has the driver with a phone to the ear. More often than not, new cars with in built bluetooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

FrontDoor wrote: »
    Maybe its just me, but I'd say 1 in 5 cars I pass has the driver with a phone to the ear. More often than not, new cars with in built bluetooth.

Well that's where the stupidity tax in the shape of a fine comes in. Those I mostly notice are usually tradesmen in vans, builders, plumbers, tilers, etc. No excuse in my book, they drive and take calls for a living so investing a few quid in a bluetooth kit should be just as important as the advertising on the side of their van.

Seen one pleb crawling up the road with phone to his ear and take a turn without indicating and nearly took a cyclist out in the process. The cyclist happened to be an on duty Garda though and got a good bollocking from him along with a fine/points I'd imagine.

Advertisement