Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th and Only doing 6 subjects.

Options
  • 02-08-2016 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey guys, I finished 5th year this year and I changed my mind about the course i want to do, the original was only 215 points i know what to do a course that is 300 points. I'm currently doing Ordinary level Maths, Irish and English and Higher history, Art and Geo. I'm Concerned if i will be able to get enough points for the course. Kinda wondering should I try repeat 5th or Just go for it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

nfsman wrote: »
    Hey guys, I finished 5th year this year and I changed my mind about the course i want to do, the original was only 215 points i know what to do a course that is 300 points. I'm currently doing Ordinary level Maths, Irish and English and Higher history, Art and Geo. I'm Concerned if i will be able to get enough points for the course. Kinda wondering should I try repeat 5th or Just go for it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

You'd be better off just going for it, if you don't get the points and still want that course then you can repeat the LC, at least then you'll know exactly what areas let you down and you'll have the best chance second time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

Just go for it. The points could be 290 next year and 310 the following year. You never know. You could change your mind before the CAO deadline and if you were stuck in 5th year knowing this you would be gutted. If you are worried that one of your ordinary level subjects could bring you down, you could do something like ordinary level economics on your own. But only if it wouldn't impact on your other subjects.

Advertisement