Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video - Dylan Tuke vs Adam Ventre - Epic fight from Saturday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Love the camera angle. Thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Ais knows just what to do at all times!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

Fair play to Tuke for getting the win. He took a serious amount of shots though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Some chin on him for sure but his hands were often very low. Fair play to him for getting a win out of that as he was under a lot of pressure, he showed a lot of resolve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He did a good job of blocking all those shots with his face

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Pretty shocking defense but some chin on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Cant see him getting very far if his main defense is his face.

He barely tried to move his head out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Nobody is as bummed with the performance more than himself. He will definitely come on a bundle from it though. MMA as a means to make money is a tough oul station so i think he deserves all the credit and encouragement as possible as there is no easy way up the ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

califano wrote: »
    Nobody is as bummed with the performance more than himself. He will definitely come on a bundle from it though. MMA as a means to make money is a tough oul station so i think he deserves all the credit and encouragement as possible as there is no easy way up the ranks.

Has he considered putting his hands up?

Even after eating some shots he still never tries to block anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭cletus

Nice to see him get the win. As others have said, hands are very low, I would think if he continues to fight like that he needs to either develop head movement, or the ability to move in and out of the pocket quickly.

On a side note, surprised to see him wearing UFC branded gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 39,128 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cletus wrote: »
    Nice to see him get the win. As others have said, hands are very low, I would think if he continues to fight like that he needs to either develop head movement, or the ability to move in and out of the pocket quickly.

On a side note, surprised to see him wearing UFC branded gloves

I've noticed a disproportionate amount of guys at SBG fighting with hands low. Conor, Gunni, Artem, Paddy, Dylan. There's a reason its not the default position, and so few can pull it off. Conor obviously gets away with it due to his superior footwork, head movement, and distance control. Gunni as a karate background (as does Lyoto Machida, Michael Page). Conor, Gunni, Lyoto, Page are the the exceptions.
    I'd really have to wonder if Conor and Gunni are rubbing off a little too much on the rest of them. It's completely natural, happens in every gym. But should be nipped in the bud where its not working imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Mellor wrote: »
    I've noticed a disproportionate amount of guys at SBG fighting with hands low. Conor, Gunni, Artem, Paddy, Dylan. There's a reason its not the default position, and so few can pull it off. Conor obviously gets away with it due to his superior footwork, head movement, and distance control. Gunni as a karate background (as does Lyoto Machida, Michael Page). Conor, Gunni, Lyoto, Page are the the exceptions.
    I'd really have to wonder if Conor and Gunni are rubbing off a little too much on the rest of them. It's completely natural, happens in every gym. But should be nipped in the bud where its not working imo

Not against nate he didnt! Got cracked with his hands at his hips and never recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,128 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Interslice wrote: »
    Not against nate he didnt! Got cracked with his hands at his hips and never recovered.
    I saying that he has the technical foundation to implement it.
    Not that he is invincible.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

entertaining fight but thought it was technically poor. No defence, head movement and swinging for the fences with the punches from tuke. Hard to watch a lad as young as tuke take some many strikes to the head. That's brain trauma. Has he no regard for his future health? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

bigmc23 wrote: »
    entertaining fight but thought it was technically poor. No defence, head movement and swinging for the fences with the punches from tuke. Hard to watch a lad as young as tuke take some many strikes to the head. That's brain trauma. Has he no regard for his future health? :/

I could be wrong on this so don't quote me, but he probably wasn't trying to get punched repeatedly in the face? Not sure though. It may just be that he has no regard for his future health and did it for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Whens his next fight? He might be already booked but if I was him I would take at least a year out from booking another fight and at least six months without hard sparring. Should let that chin recover.

His chin took a fair whack in that fight and he should have put his hands up a bit more but I am very happy to see him get the W and I hope its onwards and upwards for him.

Advertisement