Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architect / Technical for a garage to match existing house

Options
  • 01-08-2016 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking to build a detached garage and want to ensure the design 'fits' with the house and doesn't end up looking out of place. I know this is a 'small job', but would appreciate any leads on who may be able to do this, and if an architect is even the right way to go here.

The main reason is I'd like to have it look like a single storey building, but floor the interior upstairs for use - I know if not careful in doing this it could end up 'too big' / not suit the house. So the ideal case would be that it could be designed to fit the house, while still having the upstairs floored.

I had considered lowering the ceiling inside by a bit to gain more height upstairs, as well as sinking the garage slightly (by a block or so) to also gain more height for the upstairs, without having to make the ridge height excessive - but really an experts help would be great here. I'm in the south Tipp / North Cork area, if you know someone who may be interested, please let me know.

Advertisement