Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Save my Skoda Superb - Child Seat Problem :(

Options
  • 01-08-2016 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Ok will try cut a long story short(ish!). I had company cars for years and finally got my first own car this year. Skoda Superb Combi Elegance 2.0TDi 170. Absolutely love the car, a pleasure to drive, don't wanna change ever!

But, we have two kids (2.5 and 5) and now another on the way at the end of the year. I bought the Superb thinking it was a huge car, but turns out the more I research online I'm coming to the conclusion that it won't do for three :( I don't wanna look at those multimac seat things because I hear they need to be bolted in or something and not lifted in/out easily (or am I mistaken?). I'm really hoping someone can tell me there's another solution??

Bottom line is that the gap between the rear right seat-belt slot and the centre seatbelt slot is so small that I can't imagine any solution fitting into that space! :( By any chance has anyone else on here come across this problem? I've browsed around Briskoda and it seems there is no solution, but I really don't wanna say goodbye to the car so soon! I know a childseat in front might be a consideration (not sure on legal stuff here) but the middle space in the back won't really fit an adult either when there's a child solution fitted on either side.

In the absence of a solution, any recommendations on a next car that will be anything as much to drive and won't cost the earth? I'm thinking a 7-seater probably makes sense, but most seem to have a seatbelt coming from the roof for the middle seat, so I can't imagine that working with a booster seat? Would the likes of a C4GP have Isofix in the middle maybe? I also want to be sure the car has a spare wheel, either small or normal!

On a separate note, my wife wants to change her car too from a Corsa. Will a Toyota Verso take three across the back? What about a Carens?

Most importantly, save my Skoda please! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

g0g wrote: »
    Ok will try cut a long story short(ish!). I had company cars for years and finally got my first own car this year. Skoda Superb Combi Elegance 2.0TDi 170. Absolutely love the car, a pleasure to drive, don't wanna change ever!

But, we have two kids (2.5 and 5) and now another on the way at the end of the year. I bought the Superb thinking it was a huge car, but turns out the more I research online I'm coming to the conclusion that it won't do for three :( I don't wanna look at those multimac seat things because I hear they need to be bolted in or something and not lifted in/out easily (or am I mistaken?). I'm really hoping someone can tell me there's another solution??

Bottom line is that the gap between the rear right seat-belt slot and the centre seatbelt slot is so small that I can't imagine any solution fitting into that space! :( By any chance has anyone else on here come across this problem? I've browsed around Briskoda and it seems there is no solution, but I really don't wanna say goodbye to the car so soon! I know a childseat in front might be a consideration (not sure on legal stuff here) but the middle space in the back won't really fit an adult either when there's a child solution fitted on either side.

In the absence of a solution, any recommendations on a next car that will be anything as much to drive and won't cost the earth? I'm thinking a 7-seater probably makes sense, but most seem to have a seatbelt coming from the roof for the middle seat, so I can't imagine that working with a booster seat? Would the likes of a C4GP have Isofix in the middle maybe? I also want to be sure the car has a spare wheel, either small or normal!

On a separate note, my wife wants to change her car too from a Corsa. Will a Toyota Verso take three across the back? What about a Carens?

Most importantly, save my Skoda please! :eek:

We've exactly the same car and a third child on the way. Unless you want the multi mac it's got to go. Not too many cars will fit a three car seats across. You/me might be looking at likes of an s max which everyone seems to love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭buzzard

Unfortunately you have encountered a problem of modern day cars....inability to have three Isofix seats in the rear seat, or simply put, they can't accommodate three child seats. There are other cars available but the Superb, big car but not so surperb in this case (sorry) does not have that option. I think your choices are limited and you may might have to change unless others can offer another opinion.

The Carens is an option so is the VW Touran.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Thanks all will check the Touran. Had looked at C4GP when choosing this one and quite liked it. Last company car was an SMax and don't want another because anything other than current version has no spare plus the middle seatbelt is from the roof. I did some more Googling which suggested Carens has same problem with middle seat? Oafley do you know is the Multimac easy to remove quickly if you ever need?

Advertisement