Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Review:Share feedback on Nissan Almera 2007(Your experience or from a friend's)

Options
  • 01-08-2016 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello everyone

I wish to buy Nissan Almera 2007

I'd really appreciate if you share your feedback with us from your own experience or what you have heard from friends or mechanics who have tried/dealt with Nissan Almera 2007

Positives and Negatives if possible
    (common defects?time chain issues? good to drive? suitable for family etc)

Thank you so much in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're just not a good car. Not particularly economical, not as safe as most 07 cars, bad driving position, doesn't feel that well built, stupidly over complicated and counterintuitive heating/radio controls.

You'd excuse some or most of this if it was built like a tank. Sadly, they're only average in that department.

They're cheap, thats about the only plus for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They were launched back in 2000 and very not exactly cutting edge back then either.

The curry hook was cutting edge to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Cosmo0o

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They're just not a good car. Not particularly economical, not as safe as most 07 cars, bad driving position, doesn't feel that well built, stupidly over complicated and counterintuitive heating/radio controls.

You'd excuse some or most of this if it was built like a tank. Sadly, they're only average in that department.

They're cheap, thats about the only plus for me.

Thanks Colm for your kind feedback

I am simply looking for a suitable and safe car for family, low mileage, easy on gas and tax and luxuries are the last thing to look for :)

Honestly, at this stage I am looking for cheap, safe and OK car not looking for any luxury
    Of course, I need no surprises after-sale with breaking down etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Gearboxes were pure ****e afaik

• Advertisement

The curry hook was cutting edge to be fair.

Not a huge fan of indian food but I wont mind such cutting edge technology in the car :D

Id just get a Corolla. You won't get one as new as you'd get an Almera, they aren't as well equipped - but they're just a better car.

Depending on your budget, you might be able to get a Kia ceed or Hyundai i30. They're very well built and reliable, better equipped and newer than whatever Corolla is in budget - just parts are dearer than Toyota.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Had a late 05 which I think is the same generation car. It was sh1t. Felt tinny would hate to be in an accident. Economy was muck. Uncomfortable drivers position.

In essence may seem good value but there is a reason why.

Yeah, an 07 Almera would probably have been built in 05 :)

Yeah, an 07 Almera would probably have been built in 05 :)

Not what I said is it.....

• Advertisement

No, I'm serious - they had stockpiles of them in Ireland for a finish.

The facelift on them was in 03 so anything after 03 would have been the same bar equipment differences.

I traded in a late reg one that didn't even have ABS.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I hate the bloody things but for function and reliability the Tidda is a better bet than the Almera.

Much more modern design, safer and cheap enough to buy second hand:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-tiida-hatchback-only-56k-nct-02-18-bargain/12561827

No, I'm serious - they had stockpiles of them in Ireland for a finish.

The facelift on them was in 03 so anything after 03 would have been the same bar equipment differences.

I traded in a late reg one that didn't even have ABS.

Sorry man can be a bit defensive in here as my knowledge on cars is not great and have been roasted in here before when trying to give advice.

I really do appreciate all recommendations and guidance I am getting in here
    let's take it easy, it is Monday bank holiday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There was a problem with headlights burning melting the casing on the facelift models, not sure what year it was sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

There was a problem with headlights burning melting the casing on the facelift models, not sure what year it was sorted.

I got it recalled under warranty years after initial recall.....went on chassis number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Cosmo0o wrote: »
    Hello everyone

I wish to buy Nissan Almera 2007

I'd really appreciate if you share your feedback with us from your own experience or what you have heard from friends or mechanics who have tried/dealt with Nissan Almera 2007

Positives and Negatives if possible
    (common defects?time chain issues? good to drive? suitable for family etc)

Thank you so much in advance :)

If we know what the budget is, we can recommend alternatives.

pablo128 wrote: »
    If we know what the budget is, we can recommend alternatives.

I'd appreciate that really
    I'd say starting from 1500-3500e
    around 2000e+ is perfect with these criteria
    (safe family car-1.4-1.8/Petrol/2007+)
    Thank you for your help and guidance

Oh yeah the headlights was a serious problem alright failed nct on it and just recently got a letter about problem with airbags and needing some upgrade down but mine is long sold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I had one for years and put 250k km on it. The only problem I had was heater control ECU blowing and two heater motor resistor packs. Headlights were a service item (every two years or so). Fuel economy was 38 to 45 mpg. It was bought to replace another one that rolled up the road (I got out without a scratch).

However, gearboxes are as soft as butter, handling was "fun" at it near the limit (the back tended to hop on corners if going over a bump meaning snap oversteer). The heater/radio controls are a disaster to figure out and when I got rid of mine, it started to develop a thirst for oil and the gear change got knotchy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Still lots of these on our roads. They must be hardy enough even though they are severely limited in all other departments.

Advertisement