Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommendations for Trusted car dealers in North Dublin area

Options
  • 01-08-2016 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I'd really appreciate your recommendations for trusted dealers in north dublin area
    I am looking to buy a used car within 1500-3500e and I don't want to fall with dodgy dealers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

For small money, you won't usually get the best aftercare. I'd sooner spend the dealers margin (quite a percentage on a cheap car) on getting a mechanic to give a car the once over and buy privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Cosmo0o

colm_mcm wrote: »
    For small money, you won't usually get the best aftercare. I'd sooner spend the dealers margin (quite a percentage on a cheap car) on getting a mechanic to give a car the once over and buy privately.

Believe me I really understand that point

Sometimes you find the car specs that you want in a dealer website
    All you need to know if he is a trusted one.

Mechanic will be checking the car prior to sale, That is a must.
    but I don't want to spend a fortune on checks with private sellers to find the defects they did not reveal in the car (lots of time wasters out there)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What is the criteria? Engine size etc

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Your logic is flawed I'm afraid.

The point is that on your budget the quality of cars for sale by dealers is not going to be much better. You could spend the time and money on a mechanic from dealers too. The quality of car doesn't magically increase in this price range just because it's being sold by a guy with a business name over his door.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

If you're thinking of going the private sale route I'd suggest visiting an auction, Merlin in naas for example, and bring a mechanic..... Good value in an auction for your budget

• Advertisement
Advertisement