Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2006 Clio headlights/wipers problem

Options
  • 01-08-2016 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Looking for some guidance here.
    Over the last few days i have noticed that the headlights are coming on all by themselves without touching the switch, they turn off if i turn the switch on and then off, but are coming on intermittlently all by themselves - also today the wipers wouldnt work - turned the headlights on and off and hey presto the wipers worked again - anybody point me in the right direction here - all help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,448 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Have a look in the passenger footwell. There's a white block, that is the connection for the headlights. Have a look to see if its its loose!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roadster5

Thanks - will have a look and check and let u know
    Rob

Had a poke around the footwell this evening and couldnt identify a white connector - is it behind the glovebox or near the pollen filter in the centre console ?
    THanks
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭serarra

On my dad's clio, the problem was similar to this, it turned out to be the habitacle control unit (it is located under the steering wheel)
    Usually, hitting it with your palm fixed it for a while, but had to be replaced at the end (connectors got corroded or something of sorts)
    It is at the bottom end of the steering column, on the place where it meets the dashboard (on the bottom side of the steering column)

Thanks serarra - do u know if it is possible to replace it yourself or would an auto electrician have to be used? i will have a look later.
    Thanks again
    Rob

• Advertisement
Advertisement