Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First time driver's licence steps?

Options
  • 01-08-2016 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi I'm 18 and looking to get my drivers licence for next summer, but I can't actually find what steps I need to take to get one! I know I need to sit a written exam and have a bunch of practice lessons but in what order and where do I study for the written exam etc? Can someone please help. I know this may seem like a stupid question to some.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You need to apply to sit the theory test through the RSA ,if you pass that you can apply for your learners permit ,then book your 12 EDT lessons with a driving school or instructor

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Hi I'm 18 and looking to get my drivers licence for next summer, but I can't actually find what steps I need to take to get one! I know I need to sit a written exam and have a bunch of practice lessons but in what order and where do I study for the written exam etc? Can someone please help. I know this may seem like a stupid question to some.

You need to firstly study and pass your driver theory test (www.dtts.ie) once you have this passed you get your permit. In order to take your driving you must complete 12 lessons with an rsa approved driving instructor and have these lessons logged onine. I think you also now have to do a certain number of practise hours with a full licensed (license more than 2 years) driver. Once you have this completed and you have your permit more than 6 months you can apply for your test. You apply online on the rsa website

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

lollsangel wrote: »
    I think you also now have to do a certain number of practise hours with a full licensed (license more than 2 years) driver.

Nope. It's that someone on a learner permit must only drive while accompanied by a licensed driver who has held their license for a minimum of 2 years. The accompanying driver must also be able to drive if required. IE: not drunk and such.

Advertisement