Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru wrx sti rb320

Options
  • 31-07-2016 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

hi folks looking for some advice on a subaru wrx sti

http://www.mcmcars.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=1468085&r=

It's a rare car, no doubt about that. Can someone explain to me the engine reforge work described in the ad and why it would be needed.

Does the work described in the advertisement makes sense?

It would be a weekend car only, and I was thinking about buying one in the uk and importing it. I reckon it could be done cheaper than 25k asked for in this ad.

Any advice / guidance would be appreciated. Have already posted on the rb320 owners club and will also post on Isdc.ie shortly.

Muppet man

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

That car has a fully rebuilt engine is what it means. I'd imagion that car with a bigger turbo injectors and front mount intercooler and a remap could easily make over 400bhp possibly500.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

usually means rebuilt engine but with a lot of extras/upgrades to it in the process

I would be asking why the engine needed to be rebuilt...was it the result of damage or just for upgrades upgrades

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

You might also want to ask about all the mods and then look at the log book to see whether any mods that need to be declared , have been declared and ask about insurance on the car. Who is it currently insured with, how much etc.

I know a lot of people wouldn't bother but better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Does it need to be a special edition model? You'd get a prodrive performance pack sti for £10k sterling which would be the same sort of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    Does it need to be a special edition model? You'd get a prodrive performance pack sti for £10k sterling which would be the same sort of power.

This great guys, thank you all for replying. Agree on the sti pro performance pack. There is some crazy machinary out there for a lot less money. Ill be looking around a lot over the next few weeks.... If ye see anything stonking let me know.

The rb320 stood out for its uniqueness and would hopefully hold its value reasonably well just based on rarity... although it is a niche purchase.

Muppet man

• Advertisement
Advertisement