Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alarm fitter Meath/Dublin

Options
  • 31-07-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

Herself is getting a different car and wants to have a key fob to open the doors. I have it on my car and think it's basically a dumbed down alarm.

Any recommendations? preferably in Meath

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most if not all cars have remote central locking these days, what make and model car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Sorry I meant new to her, different car probably be better wordage

bazz26 wrote: »
    Most if not all cars have remote central locking these days, what make and model car is it?
    Sorry, a Chevrolet Lacetti

• Registered Users Posts: 81,511 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does it have central locking already like when you open the drivers door with the key the rest of the doors unlock? If it doesn't it could be an expensive job.

The car will already have an immobilizer built in so from a theft point of view can not be stolen without the key.

Does it have central locking already like when you open the drivers door with the key the rest of the doors unlock? If it doesn't it could be an expensive job.

The car will already have an immobilizer built in so from a theft point of view can not be stolen without the key.

Yes it has that and a button on drivers door for boot.

So far only one place give us a price, 130

• Advertisement
    M

jeffk wrote: »
    Yes it has that and a button on drivers door for boot.

So far only one place give us a price, 130

That sounds a good price.

These lads might be worth a call http://www.safesounds.ie

That sounds a good price.

These lads might be worth a call http://www.safesounds.ie

Think I may go with them, MDS,heard good and bad,but only ones that seem to be still going and want to do the work

When i got my car done around 8 years ago they wanted three times what I ended up paying,but thanks for the suggestion

M

Cartronics in Santry were good but closed down a few years ago.

Cartronics in Santry were good but closed down a few years ago.

Yeah I was recommended them

Seems to be a lot of mobile numbers coming up and I don't like ringing because like one number i tried(he was in Meath near herself), I got an ignorant answer that hes stopped doing it. Even though there's still a Facebook and number listed in golden pages

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭steveshort

If you just want to add remote locking , there is kits on e bay for as little as €10. There very easy to fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I couldn't say nicer things about MDS. I had my car in for an alarm and it had previously had 2 different alarms fitted and the wiring was a mess. It ended up taking 2 hours longer than expected and he only asked me for an extra tenner.

On a different car I had reversing sensors fitted. They started going on the blink about two years after fitting. I turned up one afternoon and they replaced the control box on the spot. Took 10 mins. No charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rhino1

Icetronix in Dublin.Excellent to deal with.

Advertisement