Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Classical Studies?????!?

Options
  • 31-07-2016 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Well it is now nearly August and i am about to go into 6th year. I was wandering if i should take up classical studies??
    I have read The Republic, The campaigns of Alexander, and the Pellopenessian War so i have most the reading done. I don't have a teacher but I have a great interest in the subject and would have no problem studying it by myself.
    I know the exam is a lot of essays and without a teacher it will be tough to know the exam technique.
    Any advice or resources i could use let me know below. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

No reason why not. Make sure to tell your school's Examinations Secretary of your plans. Get the syllabus and any associated circulars and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sophie555

Would any of yous have any lc notes on any subject you could email me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jakboy100

Without a teacher some of the topics can be difficult to know what i am supposed to know to what i am not supposed to know.
    eg. Alexander the great. i have looked for ages trying to find a good resource for this topic with little real success.

if anyone has any good notes on Alexander the great for leaving cert it would be very helpful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Doesn't the syllabus suggest resources? Maybe it is the 'teachers' notes' that accompany it. You're better off reading original texts than someone else's notes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement