Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car horn not stopping on VW Golf Tdi 2010

Options
  • 31-07-2016 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

My car horn is constant on my car I can't find any information on line ,is there a quick way to disingage the horn ...fuses etc or connectors I can't see where the actual horn is under the bonnet ...gotta go to work

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

jazoo wrote: »
    My car horn is constant on my car I can't find any information on line ,is there a quick way to disingage the horn ...fuses etc or connectors I can't see where the actual horn is under the bonnet ...gotta go to work

Pull the fuse. The owners manual should say where it is located.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

It's probably the air bag slip ring on the steering wheel that's the problem, try easing the air bag back at the edges to see if it stops, or giving it a thump :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

Not enough information in the manual about fuses ....waking up the neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

A good thump on the steering wheel worked cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

jazoo wrote: »
    A good thump on the steering wheel worked cheers

Let's hope it keeps working, it's not a cheap fix.

• Advertisement
Advertisement